Need help with programming my Maschine Mikro Mk3 to emulate Pad slicing

KidMerlyn
KidMerlyn Member Posts: 15 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I can't wrap my head around the controller editor, but I want to make the pads kinda emulate pad based slicing here is my completely unintelligible description of my idea....

so picture the 4x4 pads like this a press and hold the pad and while I am holding the pad the parameter knobs get set to whatever they get set to and the on off trigger goes on when I release it goes off. Could someone give me a primer on what to do to get this done. I looked at the controller editor and was overwhelmed.

Best Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Controller Manager is the answer. If you are looking for Freeze Mode (slicer) then check the image below for the location of the commands needed.

• Stevan
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Regarding the Beatslicer effect you will need to create a mapping by adding commands for each parameter of the FX Unit and then assign them to a single pad on Maschine.

Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Addi In

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Perhaps @Jeremy_NI can help point KidMerlyn to the right direction?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve @KidMerlyn I'm not familiar with Traktor and it's slicing options. Controller Editor can only allow you to assign MIDI notes or CCs on the Maschine Mikro MK3, it's probably more about MIDI learning controls in Traktor. Maybe @Ryan_NI knows what OP means.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Controller Manager is the answer. If you are looking for Freeze Mode (slicer) then check the image below for the location of the commands needed.

• KidMerlyn
    KidMerlyn Member Posts: 15 Member

What I was hoping to do would be to have different pads on my mikro set to different parameter compbinations on the effect Beat slicer I don't know anything about this freeze mode I;m just wanting to be able to change multiple parameters with one press of a pad (so turn on and say knob 1 @ 0 knob two at parameter value 2 and knob 3 at parameter value 4, and say another where parameter 1 is at 4.00 and parameter 2 is at 5 and parameter 3 is at 1 and turn off on release is the way i think I want the pads working - so I guess I'm asking how do I program the pads to do that?

• Stevan
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Regarding the Beatslicer effect you will need to create a mapping by adding commands for each parameter of the FX Unit and then assign them to a single pad on Maschine.

Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Addi In