Komplete Kontrol mk1 host integration issue in Ableton Live 11.1 (KBDSW-6954)

2»

Answers

• madboy
    madboy Member Posts: 8 Member

I am also having problems with this update, when I load up a new instance of komplete kontrol it loads the new parameters on the knobs etc. but when i go to another KK track it doesn't change to that instruments parameters. They are stuck on the last new KK instrument that was loaded, so can't use the knobs to kontrol anything aprt from the last KK instance loaded.

I have is setup with Komplete kontrol DAW 1 on input and output.

Cheers,

Mike

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 50 Helper

There’s a change in the latest Ableton Live beta (11.1.5b1) that looks like it might be relevant to the arrow buttons not working in the VST version of Komplete Kontrol:

”Fixed a regression that impaired Live's ability to deliver host information to VST2 plug-ins.”

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11-beta/

• madboy

Is going to be sorted anytime soon, still can't use komplete kontrol properly at the moment?

Cheers,

Mike

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 50 Helper
    edited February 2022

If it turns out to be an Ableton Live issue (which I suspect is the case), you'll have to wait for Live 11.1.5 (or sign up to become a beta tester and try it now).

In the meantime:

• Mac users can just use the AU version of Komplete Kontrol.
    • Windows users should be able to get it working by downgrading to Live 11.0.12. This site will give you the download links for older versions.
  • madboy

Latest beta version of Ableton seems to have sorted out my problems.

Cheers

Mike

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@madboy Thanks a lot for the information!

• omegatron
    omegatron Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2022

I've just gotten hold of a used s25 and I can't get the navigation working regardless of what I try, anyone care to chip in with a fix? Thanks.. btw I'm on live 11.1.1

• omegatron
    edited May 2022

Right so small update, every thing is working except for the scroll wheel combos for the loop brace and skipping through the song.. stupidly I didn't have any instances of the vst adg open, so yeah transport navigation etc. Work fine.. or am I missing a trick..

• omegatron

@Jeremy_NI heya fella, any idea why I can't scroll the loop brace or song position, everything else works.. thanks

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @omegatron Unfortunately, it is not possible anymore to scroll through the project using the encoder, you can still navigate with the FWD and RWD buttons.

Unfortunately this will not get fixed in a near future.

• altsven
    altsven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi @Jeremy_NI -

I have the KK S49 Mk1 and Ableton 11 on Windows, and I just want to use the basic daw integration functions, but none of them work for me.

I followed the setup instructions precisely from the article on daw integration (article 4406832231441 on the NI site; I can't post the link since I'm too new to the forum). It's titled "How to Integrate Your Kontrol Keyboard with Your DAW" and I did the steps under "Ableton Live 11 for Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 (Windows)".

In Ableton, when I drag & drop the "Komplete Kontrol VST.adg" instrument rack into a track, the Komplete Kontrol interface does not appear, and the "device" section at the bottom of the page looks "empty" so to speak, like this.

Can you help me out? I've tried searching online for hours now, without resolution. Any tips you can share?

• Jeremy_NI

@altsven What version of Komplete Kontrol are you using? IF you have aMK1 keyboard you should install 2.9.6, as explained in this article: Notes on Ending Software Support for Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 Keyboards