Guitar Rig 6 Pro crashes all the time

str_aus_s
str_aus_s Member Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hey Guys, wanted to trey Guitar Rig today for the first time, but it wont start. Every time I start it it crushes, no matter if I start it in my other DAW Logic, in Maschine or as standalone. Tried to reinstall it, tried to reinstall it to an external drive, put it back to my internal drive, reinstalled everything from NI from scratch BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP...Any Ideas? made a picture what happens when I start it, does anybody know happens here?

best Wishes,

str_aus_s

Best Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

Maybe something @Jeremy_NI or @Eddie_NI could help with ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Well, @str_aus_s you could try this first: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (macOS)

@Uwe303 Guitar rIg 6 is running in Rosetta mode by default, it is not yet natively compatible with Silicon.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @str_aus_s,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Guitar Rig 6.

One thing you could try is to remove all files from this directory:

~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 6/Database/

And could you please send use the crashlog that you posted the picture of? The interesting bits of information are unfortunately not shown there. (You can find it in Finder->Go->Utilities->Console->Crash Reports).

And to answer the missing "Open using Rosetta" option for Guitar Rig:

Guitar Rig currently is only able to run in Rosetta because it has been build for Intel processors. You can see this on the picture that was posted in this thread, it says Programm (Intel) instead of Programm (Universal) like for the Controller Editor. That's why there is no option to select, Guitar Rig ALWAYS opens using Rosetta. Until we ship a Universal version, which is in the works, please be patient.

Cheers,

Eddie

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

as far as i know you have to use rosetta.

• str_aus_s

Thx Uwe, that was a nice shot-but unfortunately it doesn't work either. I installed Rosetta 2, just to be sure because I thought that I already installed it, but now its the case that the checkbox "open with Rosetta" in the Info of Guitar Rig isn't there anymore.... however-the funny thing is that I could open the control editor (a universal program) with Rosetta but not Guitar Rig....by the way: bin Österreicher und hoer mich gerade durch dein SoundCloud-sehr nicer sound fuel Samstag morgen Uwe!greetings, Jakob

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited May 2022

Thanks - and do you see the little padlock sign,it looks different on both app info windows, unfortunately I'm not a Mac user myself - so we need help from mac users here. Also strange, if i search for that issue (missing rosetta option), they only say to go to that window and enable it - whaaaat?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

Maybe something @Jeremy_NI or @Eddie_NI could help with ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, @str_aus_s you could try this first: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (macOS)

@Uwe303 Guitar rIg 6 is running in Rosetta mode by default, it is not yet natively compatible with Silicon.

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓

Hi @str_aus_s,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Guitar Rig 6.

And could you please send use the crashlog that you posted the picture of? The interesting bits of information are unfortunately not shown there. (You can find it in Finder->Go->Utilities->Console->Crash Reports).

And to answer the missing "Open using Rosetta" option for Guitar Rig:

Guitar Rig currently is only able to run in Rosetta because it has been build for Intel processors. You can see this on the picture that was posted in this thread, it says Programm (Intel) instead of Programm (Universal) like for the Controller Editor. That's why there is no option to select, Guitar Rig ALWAYS opens using Rosetta. Until we ship a Universal version, which is in the works, please be patient.

Cheers,

Eddie

• str_aus_s

Thx for all the repplies!you re Great and i am thankfull for such a nice Community ❤️It worked!I reinstalled Rosetta 2 to be sure that its Wirkung right and them i deleted the files from database,not Evelyn file Bit the Plst. File from Guitar rig!

• BenJuodvalkis
    BenJuodvalkis Member Posts: 6 Member

Support told me that guitar rig is NOT supported on Rosetta.

yet Eddie’s post says it does run. Can you clarify?

i just ordered a m1 Mac and want to know what to expect.

thank you

ben

• str_aus_s

Hey Ben,as far as I can say it works, but I had to install Rosetta two and I had to remove the files as Eddie (THANKYOUEDDIE) wrote:

I think it’s a .plst file with the name of the application (Guitar Rig 6) you have to delete in order to get it running. And now it works with the guitar Rig player in stand alone and in Logic, I hope this still works when I get the progression of guitar rig I ordered. Hope it will work with your brand new Mac M1

Good luck,

str_aus_s https://linktr.ee/str_aus_s

• str_aus_s

@BenJuodvalkis

in order to my first answer for you (scroll up) here is the manual to delete the .plst file from @Eddie_NI @jeremaiiie (BIG THY O BOUTH OF THEM!)

Well, @str_aus_s you could try this first: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (macOS)

@Uwe303 Guitar rIg 6 is running in Rosetta mode by default, it is not yet natively compatible with Silicon.

greetings

str_aus_s https://linktr.ee/str_aus_s

• Jeremy_NI

My colleague mentioned that Guitar Rig 6 is not "officially" supported, meaning that it can work, and in most cases it does, all functions are not guaranteed and our technical support is limited, until the next update ensures compatibility.

• PaperFace
    PaperFace Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am also crashing all the time on a brand new M2 macOS. It was the same for the M1 mac I have. I was hoping upgrading to an M2 would resolve the crashes but nope. Really is entirely unusable. Sad.

• Eddie_NI

@PaperFace

Which version of Guitar Rig and macOS version are you using? Does it crash in standalone mode? If so, could you please provide us with a crash log so we can look into this and help you getting Guitar Rig running for you?

• geooo
    geooo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, I'm also having issues opening GR6 or GR5 within Ableton and as a standalone on a Mac Mini M2- Mac OS Ventura 13.4.

I'm most interested in getting GR6 to work inside of Ableton. I was using it all the time on my older computer, and just love it.

I followed NI's instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall. I've done this three times, but it's still crashing.

Not sure if this is relevant, I'm only seeing GR6 and GR5 listed under the AUv2, where usually they would also be listed in VST3.

I appreciate anyone's help! Thank you!!

@Eddie_NI @Jeremy_NI

• Eddie_NI

Hi @geooo

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having trouble using Guitar Rig on your computer. We have not seen this problem before and are currently trying to reproduce the issue here. Did Guitar Rig ever work on this particular computer or did it stop working after updating to macOS 13.4?

Cheers,

Eddie