PItch Slider Spare Parts for S4 MK3

Francisco Arias
Francisco Arias Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello fellow DJs, today I have had one of the biggest disappointments with Native Instruments and Traktor. Last Saturday during a session a drunk spilled some of his drink on my S4 Mk3, this caused the right pitch to be damaged. After an intensive search in the web and contacting the brand directly, they told me that the only option available is that I send my equipment and they exchange it for a refurbished one and all that for only $449 usd.

I think it's absurd that pieces of so much use such as Pitch, Faders, Volume Faders etc and that other brands such as Pioneer sell separately, in the case of Traktor this is not possible and you have to spend a small fortune changing your "Baby". I think this is a good point to consider the next time you change controllers (well I've been in the Pioneer world for a few months ago with an SZ2 and I'm happy) but the truth is that I love my old S4 and I regret having sold For some years an S4Mk2 that I had since 2016. By the way, if anyone knows of a place where I can buy this part, your opinion will be very appreciated. Greetings to all

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Francisco Arias thanks for sharing your feedback. Have to agree that having spare parts for sale would be more convenient and environmentally friendly as well.

In the meantime, perhaps @TeLLy or @Wyley can suggest some trustable vendors on Amazon?

• Francisco Arias
    Francisco Arias Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Kaiwan, what you say is not only more environmentally friendly and convenient, but also more empathetic and with a service attitude towards customers of any brand. I tell everyone that despite paying a week ago the fee of $449.00 USD that Native asked me to make a change of equipment for a refurbished and it is time that I do not have an answer on how to proceed to send them my damaged equipment. Time continues to pass and like many of you my S4 is a work tool and meanwhile they have me stopped and without answers.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Francisco Arias Seems like the delay is due to some issues with a shipping address, sorry about that! I see that our support team has sent you a replacement device. Hope everything is working fine now.

• Eduardo Sam SANVOX
    Eduardo Sam SANVOX Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello guys, I'm here for the same issue, a single drop of water damaged the right pitch slider of my S4 MK3, which I just bought 6 months ago online. Unfortunately, I'm from a small town in Mexico and my vendor told me it would take 4 to 6 months to ship it and return, obviously I can't cancel my events for the next 6 months. Somebody told me the spare pitch sliders are currently obsolete and I haven't found anything yet.😥

• David VR
    David VR Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Kaiwan_NI I'm here for the same problem as Francisco Arias , could I also know some amazon sellers of spare parts? maybe have an exploded view with the pieces and their code?

I also have the same answer from the assistance, very expensive, can I know if they change the internal instrument directly or is it just repaired?

• poddack
    poddack Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Has someone answered the question of spares availability?

Thanks

Michael

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

Exact same issue here with the same cause. It's even more irritating since the part is so easy to replace. Could do it in less then 5 minutes. You could try the alcohol bath and re-lubrification method. It made mine workable again, just have to use the shift some more.