LIve Streaming/Microphone Issues: S4 MK3

GPug75
GPug75 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

Sorry for bothering everyone here. I've been live streaming my gigs as happy as Larry on Mixcloud using my S4 MK3 and OBS. I use Windows 11 (Was using Windows 10) and again, no dramas. I use the method where I run a main out into channel 4 on my mixer as I am a pretty simplistic base level DJ.

But a couple of weeks ago I went in and set up for my gig. Started my livestream... and no audio on stream. I had my S4 set up as Audio Input Capture, which, again, had been working fine.

One of the bar staff at my gigs is a bit of a tech guy and he switched me to Audio Output Capture... which gave audio on the stream, but the live stream audience can also hear my headphone cueing. Thankfully that doesn't happen on my venue speakers, but it obviously lowers the quality of the live stream show. Coincidentally (maybe) I also lost my microphone output at the same time.

Please note I'm not particularly computer savvy, and am very "plug and play", but if anyone can offer any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well first you need to switch OBS back to capture the line in.

Then check the cables and see if from master or booth out the cables actually go into the line in.

And the S4 should also have selected "line" on the 4th cannel.

If that does not work please take screenshots of OBS after you changed your settings.

One of the bar staff at my gigs is a bit of a tech guy and he switched me to Audio Output Capture

This will not work. Traktor is sending 4 channels to the S4, stereo master and stereo cue. OBS will capture all 4 and mix them down to 2.

Are you using ASIO? If yes you need the asio plugin for OBS to capture the line in. That's how I do it. I can take screenshots of my setup if needed.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well first you need to switch OBS back to capture the line in.

Then check the cables and see if from master or booth out the cables actually go into the line in.

And the S4 should also have selected "line" on the 4th cannel.

If that does not work please take screenshots of OBS after you changed your settings.

One of the bar staff at my gigs is a bit of a tech guy and he switched me to Audio Output Capture

This will not work. Traktor is sending 4 channels to the S4, stereo master and stereo cue. OBS will capture all 4 and mix them down to 2.

Are you using ASIO? If yes you need the asio plugin for OBS to capture the line in. That's how I do it. I can take screenshots of my setup if needed.

• GPug75
    GPug75 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks so much for taking the time for responding.

My S4 is set up at the venue so I will go there tomorrow and check what you have told me to do. I will get back to you ASAP once I do. Thank you again. I think you may have solved something for me but again, I will test it out tomorrow.