Can I use macro(s) to increase/decrease volume by 10% on GR6

Stuart Park
Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi

I am using GR6 with a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller. I can successfully map a preset's volume control to an expression pedal on the foot controller using a macro but it's all too easy to come in too heavy on the pedal and increase/decrease the volume by too much especially when that expression pedal could physically be in a position that is unpredictable (e.g. fully depressed just before switching to a new preset that may reset the volume to a low value despite there being no physical change in the volume pedal position).

So I was wondering, is it possible to map a stomp pedal to a macro that increases the volume by (e.g.) 10% each time the pedal is depressed providing a stepped volume control? Ideally I'd use two such pedals - one to increase by 10% and another to decrease by 10%.

I guess my other (but less satisfactory) option would be to use a stomp pedal to set the volume to be a specific level that I know is about 10% higher than the preset's default and use that? I guess that would be reasonably straightforward but provides no option to further increase the volume.

Many thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

GR has no relative or pickup mode (would be only possible if you assign just one parameter, or if more then with some restrictions) but anyway, you could try to click on the assigned macro and then in the lower area you see a vertical slider, you catch the first yellow/orange triangle under the slider and drag it to the right. That way you decrease the contolled range - means you can go all the way on your expression pedal but on gr volume it just controls the volume between -10 and + 3dB. It will jump anyway but not to total silence and much better to control.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

GR has no relative or pickup mode (would be only possible if you assign just one parameter, or if more then with some restrictions) but anyway, you could try to click on the assigned macro and then in the lower area you see a vertical slider, you catch the first yellow/orange triangle under the slider and drag it to the right. That way you decrease the contolled range - means you can go all the way on your expression pedal but on gr volume it just controls the volume between -10 and + 3dB. It will jump anyway but not to total silence and much better to control.

• Stuart Park
    Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member

Thanks Uwe, much appreciated. I see where you're coming from. I've ended up adding a second volume component set at such a volume that it will increase the overall volume by a notch then I mapped a stomp pedal to its component on/off button. This effectively achieves the desired result (a temporary volume boost) in that I can go up by 10% and back down but I can't use it repeatedly to bump up/down by 10/20/30% etc. It should be enough I hope. Thanks again.