DJ Edits feature for Traktor

Tellmeaboutit123
Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

i wonder if Traktor do plan to add this into their software? More and more DJs are making their own music, or want to refresh a track, shorten or lengthen a track. Be great if Traktor could implement this.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

How exactly would you like it to be implemented?

• Tellmeaboutit123

probably have a copy, paste and delete functionality. That would be at its basic level but to be able to add extended intros or delete breakdowns you don’t want would be so cool.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

It’s a bit of a. blunt instrument type request.

DJ’s should be making their own edits anyway, so, we should be learning to use an audio editor software.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited May 2022

Sure, but don't you think we do? 🙂

I would consider this the type of trick to do on the fly, when the idea hits you or with a completely unprepared track.

Of course, with another copy of the deck rolling with the same track it is somewhat easier. If you have controller sets for 4 decks.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Everyone has an opinion on these things. I think to have the ability to edit tracks without having to go to competitors such as Serato, would be a good move. I personally would use the feature a lot. Ability to make edits would be cool. My 2 cents as always.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Sounds interesting but quite complex to implement straight into the DJ software imo.

Most DJ edits aren't made on the fly while mixing, they've been edited/remixed in a DAW beforehand.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro

yes, this point is on many long termed feature wishlists! +1

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

It could be implemented into Maschine software.

• Ejub Petrovac
    Ejub Petrovac Member Posts: 25 Advisor

I guess you (@Tellmeaboutit123) and @Sûlherokhh are talking about something similar as Serato Flip expansion is? Check on Google or YouTube how it works, then write back here if I was correct (fully or partly) if that's something you thought of when mentioning DJ Edits directly in software?

Personally I think it could be a great feature, especially to create various intro/outro scenarios or different track arrangements for routines maybe.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

There are so many instances where this feature lets you down, though.

One instance, is where you “flip” from the end of a bar of music without a reverb tail, to the beginning of a bar that has a reverb tail. It sounds really amateur.

Seriously - learn a DAW. It’ll pay off in the long run. You don’t even have to learn the whole DAW! A DJ can get away with knowing only the most basic of DAW features. Grab Ableton Live. You’ll be so glad you did.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Exactly this. I think it would be really cool. Sometimes breakdowns can be too long and the ability to delete apart of the breakdown would be cool. For those pesky tracks with very little intro, being able to add one. Super cool. I think Rekordbox has something similar as well.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

That Cue point idea might be possible with mapping Loop marker.

1. Track reaches the Loop cue and the "Is in Active Loop" function value is set to 1 automatically.
    2. Then send that "Is in Active Loop" signal into virtual midi cable and route it back into Traktor.
    3. Midi map the CC that "Is in Active Loop" is assigned to another Hotcue.

Just a thought!