KK S49 MK2 Midi Mode Issue

hesitant
hesitant Member Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hey everyone.

So I was in Controller Editor creating a mapping for my Maschine Mk3 and while I was using that software my KK S49 was on. Now when I go into Midi Mode on the KK it doesn't display the CC numbers on the buttons or knobs. I've reinstalled KK and removed the files from Controller editor but still having the same issue. It looks like it's taken the template from Controller editor.

Anyone know how to get the defaults back?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    Answer ✓

@hesitant @Uwe303 The initial issue you reported was fixed with Komplete Kontrol 2.7.2

Can you update and check if the issue is fixed ?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,035 mod

Hello,

try to press shift and then you should be able to switch display modes with the buttons over the screen.

• hesitant
    edited May 2022

Sorry but that doesn't work. When I press shift the display stays the same even when I press the buttons. I can switch between the pages. The buttons and knobs work in my DAW as before in midi mode but there is just no update on the screen to tell me the values like in the picture.

• Uwe303

Ahh ok, then go to the system settings, device manager, and uninstall all devices that belong to that keyboard, there must be some DFU device. If it asks for removing the drivers also l, say yes. Then reinstall the drivers, with the keyboard disconnected. Or the midi editor, it also installs the drivers normally. Then it should work.

• hesitant

Sorted it thanks. I forgot to uninstall controller editor the last time. Plus I went though every NI folder and removed anything to do with both KK and Controller Editor and it's now working. Thank you.

• hesitant

Update. It was resolved and displaying the CC values but now it's disappeared again. This is getting pretty annoying now. Any other suggestions?

• Uwe303

Mhh sh** it has something to do with the DFU device for sure, i have no other idea for now, i will have to think about it. You could maybe try to create another windows account and try again. Maybe it's a rights issue. And does it look normal in the device manager, can you maybe make a picture with audio device section opened.

• hesitant

That's how it looks in device manager after a re-install. But its not any different from before from what I remember. When I launch KK software the CC values and button info displays with Default template in the top left corner then after about a minute it changes to Template 1 and all the values disappear from the screen again. I've tried creating a new template but when I do that I don't even get any illumination on the buttons. Honestly I'm stumped on what this could be.

• Uwe303

have you tried to start ce as admin? And if you use it with maschine software does it then work or does the display then also show something wrong?

• hesitant

I've tried that but made no difference. I've tried running KK as admin as well. When I use the keyboard in Maschine software it acts the same as it does in KK. My Maschine midi template is functioning as it should.

Slight progress:-

If I press the midi icon top right in KK software all the CC values disappear from the keyboard screen. But when I switch between KK mode and midi mode on the keyboard then press the preset up or down arrow the CC values then appear again. Surely this is not how it's supposed to operate as I've never had to do this before.

• Uwe303

yeah this is definetely not normal, we need here maybe help from native guys. If you have a second computer you could maybe check there? Also try another cable and another usb port too.

• hesitant

Ok so tried it on my other PC and same issue. This only seems to happen when I click on the midi icon within KK software. I then have the switch back to KK mode using the software. But when I switch to midi mode using the keyboard all the CC values are there. Wondering if this is a bug within the KK software.

So I won't be switching to midi mode within the software for now, only using the hardware.

• Uwe303

Hello @Matt_NI or @Nico_NI can you maybe help here out?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    Answer ✓

@hesitant @Uwe303 The initial issue you reported was fixed with Komplete Kontrol 2.7.2

Can you update and check if the issue is fixed ?

• hesitant

Just updated to 2.7.2 and issue now resolved. Thank you so much. I should maybe check for updates a bit more regular.

Thanks again for all your earlier help @Uwe303