Komplete Kontrol libraries not identifying in Ableton but working in the standalone app

Danbrown418
Danbrown418 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

After opening the standalone app for the first time in ages, I went back into ableton to find that everything was gone.

I then went into native access to find that the content folder was not on the right path anymore even though I had not changed it. I changed it back and rescanned all the plugins and everything came back and is working fine in the standalone app.

but when I open ableton, all the plugins show up but the library can’t identified. It’s telling me to rescan on the standalone app but everything works fine on that.

my komplete Kontrol is in the right vst folder for ableton as it has not been moved from when it was working before. I’ve done a deep scan (alt. click) on ableton and still no libraries are showing.

Would really appreciate some help as I really want to avoid re installing everything again!

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just check that the version of the standalone app is the same version as the VST plugin and that you do not have multiple plugins from multiple locations scanned into Ableton Live.

Also, when the KK plugin says "Plugin Not Found" this is because the plugin in question cannot be found in the preferences of KK, not within Ableton. You have to check in KK Preferences>Plugins that the plugin you are trying to load is actually listed. If not, you need to add the path for the plugin.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just check that the version of the standalone app is the same version as the VST plugin and that you do not have multiple plugins from multiple locations scanned into Ableton Live.

Also, when the KK plugin says "Plugin Not Found" this is because the plugin in question cannot be found in the preferences of KK, not within Ableton. You have to check in KK Preferences>Plugins that the plugin you are trying to load is actually listed. If not, you need to add the path for the plugin.

• Danbrown418
    Danbrown418 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Legend! It worked thanks heaps.

• mryan1023
    mryan1023 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. Stand alone works fine, but when launching in Ableton 11 plugins are not found.

I double checked the VST directories and all are correct, however, when I scan those directories, none of the plugins show up in the "Manage" window.

• TheDeadSerious
    TheDeadSerious Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I was having a similar issue on a fresh install of Windows 11, where I chose to have my VST directory on a separate disk. Turns out that Native Access installs the plugins regardless of the install location setting inside C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, so after setting my VST3 plugin directory to that in Ableton I was able to finally access the plugins.

It's really strange that Native Access installs VST3 plugins at some intransparent location that is not even mentioned or configurable in it's settings, but it is what it is I guess.