How long does it take to download LORES?

CHRIS HUME
CHRIS HUME Member Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2022 in Native Access

Can I just ask- how long does it take other users to download Lores through Native Access- and how long should it take ? Im on a pretty powerful PC Win 10 - nothings ever been problematic before ( and i buy everything, believe me!!!) but seriously 17 hours remaining !!!! and that's day 2 I was forced to stop installation yesterday after 13 hours, hoping it would pick up from where it left off- but no its started from scratch- another 17 hours !!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

Lores is quite heavy but it should definitely not that long if you have fast internet. How fast is your internet generally?

I'm linking this article here as it might help you try a few things to get this sorted: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015940117-My-Native-Access-Downloads-Are-Taking-Too-Long

• Flydoggy
    Flydoggy Member Posts: 1 Member

I am also seeing slow download speed for Lores. I downloaded Ashlight and a bunch of other stuff very quickly. However, Lores has timed out a few times. I am also on day 2 with another 7 hours to go (he states prayerfully). That referenced article has all of the obvious solutions, but doesn't help my case. I have a good PC and good internet connectivity, and, like I said, Ashlight, which is also a heavy-hitter, downloaded and installed fairly quickly. Something is not right with the Lores server.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited May 2022

Ashlight is far from being a "heavy hitter" at 3 GB size. Lores is 72 GB. Pretty big difference, literally 24 times the size!

• davidbryen
    davidbryen Member Posts: 14 Member

downloading LORES was a little slow, but now I am stuck in the Installing process for an hour now.

What's that about? How long is that going to take?

thanks

• Midikeyz
    Midikeyz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Well, download was 9 hours and 53 minutes on my machine/internet. Lores has been installing for right at 11 hours. Without a % completion, I have no idea how long this may take. Installing on USB SSD drive (same drive that houses NI Downloads). There has got to be a better way...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

NI should provide physical media for those who need it. I cannot imagine to fully download Komplete 14 Ultimate CE.....

The thing also is, that on sales and on releases the NI servers are most probably overloaded. Situation is probably better in times in between, when the load is distributed more evenly.

Generally, if things go OK I get NI download speeds about 50 Mbit. That makes 10 GB per hour, if I calculated correctly. Lores should take a bit over 7 hours, if things go well.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 998 Guru

Asking how long it takes to download something, without mentioning your internet speed. Priceless.

🤔

• Midikeyz
    Midikeyz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Network speed is one factor. However my network is fast - 19.4mbps or 145.5meg/sec or 8730meg/hr which is 8.7gb/hr. Yet, it took me 9 hrs and 53 mins to download LORES to a usb 3 ssd using Native Access. Now that the LORES iso file is on the ssd, the installer has been running for 19 hours. No changes in file count or size is occurring. This leads me to believe that the issue is with NA installer/Lores. I have contacted support but it's the weekend :-(

I was hoping to experiment with LORES this weekend. Sigh...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have 100 megabit internet line, but get about 50 megabit download speed... So, it seems to me that speed of line plays the role up to certain limit and above it limit on NI side applies.

Try to make a copy of downloaded ISO placed in download folder, so that you do not have it download again, if installation fails...

• patrickbourke
    patrickbourke Member Posts: 9 Member

Download completed but Lores has been 'installing' since 3:22 pm this afternoon. It is now 7:40 pm. The installation line in Native Access for the install just keeps moving back and forth. When I check the install folder, some files have been copies but it seems to be stuck and no additional files having been added since. This is the target drive. Below is a shot of the entire install folder.

• patrickbourke

Got up this morning and the installation is still running. It appears to be doing nothing as the sample library has not increased in size. Native Access appears to be in a loop and not doing anything.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 124 Helper

Same problem with Kontakt factory library 2. It downloaded eventually but never completes the install, even after 2 days it still said installing. What’s going on NI? Any chance you can tell us why many people are having issues with Native Access 2? Any chance you can fix it soon?

• patrickbourke

Is there a way to download and install without using Native Access?