Maschine+ and BirdCord PD Cable

AlexBuga
AlexBuga Member Posts: 26 Helper

I can confirm that This cable https://www.songbirdfx.com/products/birdcord-pd15v/ and an Anker Battery with USB-C Power Delivery works fine.

I can happily sell the Omnicharge brick battery :) and velcro strap a small battery on the back of the Maschine, which acts as a stand too :D

It's way cleaner and safer than RipCord. The RipCord didn't provide enough Amps to M+ and I noticed issues because the CPU was underpowered.

Exciting times we live :D

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

So no problems because of the weird M+ locking adapter plug?

• Peter Harris
    edited May 2022

(I bought one of those Ripcord ones for my MPC and it never worked properly and the MPC always restarted spontaneously.)

• AlexBuga

No problems because the original jack has some pins that lock in there, but it doesn't restrict other jacks to plug in.

I've tried Ripcords too. Those are really underpowered. Maschine+ was behaving erratically because the CPU was underpowered... and MPC One was rebooting when I loaded lots of synths.

• Peter Harris

Just ordered one! Any chance my new Maschine cable will power my MPC or will I need a different one?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

MPC have different power requirements:

19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

@AlexBuga wrote

I've tried Ripcords too. Those are really underpowered. Maschine+ was behaving erratically because the CPU was underpowered... and MPC One was rebooting when I loaded lots of synths.

Funny, back on the old forum when I mentioned that power provided by the Ripcord might be insufficient, everybody claimed there were absolutely no problems with that setup…

• AlexBuga

The RipCord definitely doesn't provide how much M+ needs. And I remember the Lead Developer from M+... I forgot her name unfortunately, who said that it's important to have enough juice.

I noticed CPU hangs & booting hangs, shutdown hangs. Probably when it needs the most power.

I didn't wanted to ruin a very expensive device so I looked for other solutions.