[New release] Meet 40's VERY OWN SOUND

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

Chances are you've heard of 40's work before. The two-time Grammy award-winning producer, 40 is a driving force behind household names like Drake and Lil Wayne. His pared-back, hard-hitting beats and underwater synth sounds have come to define today's sound of pop, R&B and hip hop.

NI is proud to present two new Play Series instruments that let you craft 40's signature sounds recorded in his iconic SOTA studios - 40's VERY OWN DRUMS and 40'S VERY OWN KEYS now available at 20% off, until May 22.

👉 Grab them here.

👉 Check out a walkthrough

👉 Watch a documentary

.___                 
_______   ____ _____     __| _/   _____   ____  
\_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \   / __ |   /     \_/ __ \ 
 |  | \/\  ___/ / __ \_/ /_/ |  |  Y Y  \  ___/ 
 |__|    \___  >____  /\____ |  |__|_|  /\___  >
             \/     \/      \/        \/     \/

P.S. See if you can spot a hidden Easter egg on this page - a preset manifesto written by 40 himself - on how he'd use each preset.

Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 998 Guru

I'm all egged up :-)

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper

Yup, sold..... This looks pretty nice to add to the collection. 😎

• NXBYL.PMG
    NXBYL.PMG Member Posts: 6 Member

Anyone know if it's available with the subscription?

• PK The DJ

According to the Komplete Now page, new stuff is added once a month. The last thing added was the Bump expansion for Massive X, which came out May 10th.

So.... early June may see it added.

• Kaiwan_NI

@PK The DJ @Tigersharc Any first impressions to share? 🧐

• PK The DJ

First impressions on what? I've not purchased the 40 pack. I may have given it a try via the Now sub, but it's not yet included.

It's a shame NI products don't have trials/demos.

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper

So I just started messing with the set. I just got a Komplete Kontrol S61 and so I was really excited about that, so I have a bunch of toys to mess with. So first impression was that I wish the drums was in the form of an expansion like with Stacks and Burnt Hues. I realized if I am in the right section (Octave) of the keyboard or Maschine I can play the drums on Maschine. Any ways once I had everything figured out I made a nice lo-fi beat. There is lot of cool stuff in the Keys plug-in. Having the ability to tweak with the S61 and the 40 knob was really cool. I understand it's just a filter but this seems to do just a little more than filter. Over all, so far so good. We have a long weekend this weekend and I'm definitely going to end the weekend with 2-3 rough drafts for new songs.

Just my preference, I like having a Play series instrument paired with an Expansion. But this combo works too. I just bought Satin Looks as well, so I will be using the 40 Keys with Satin Looks to see what I can cook up.

• Kaiwan_NI

@Tigersharc Love that 40 knob too. It's a macro in disguise.

This discussion has been closed.