Maschine Plus 1.4 update is out now!

Comments

• Andrey Totev
    Andrey Totev Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2022

Thank You NI Team!

Please fix this:

When M+ is in receive clock mode (Slave mode) and there the Master clock already running when M+ is booting - there is no Start/Stop and clock recognition. To avoid this I must boot M+ at first, after that any other device as Master clock device, MIDI Hub device etc. But when in live situation I need to restart M+ I must detach a MIDI Din cable, restart M+ and attach MIDI Din cable... Why?

Also I have a problem (when Receive clock mode is on) with too sensitive tempo delay FX, also Massive Echo (tempo based) because the Master clock is floating +/- some cents and this immediately affects long feedback tempo based echoes that start to glitch, speed (pitch) changes and to feedback in a wrong pitch and another one and more and more... and in the end sound comes very degrade.

The same project when M+ is in internal clock have a no problems.

It is strange, because I have Traktor Kontrol S8 connected on the same External MIDI Clock at the same time and also a tempo based echoes in Traktor and there is no problem with a clock floating (in cents) and long feedback echoes.

If you think this would help, add to the menu:

Send Clock USB

Send Clock DIN

Send Clock USB+DIN

Receive Clock USB

Receive Clock DIN

• Andrey Totev
    Andrey Totev Member Posts: 8 Member

The waiting was too long because as I remember there is a core level changes. That's hard to improve.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

In what part? I'll be in Zimbabwe in September if you're close enough to meet up and hang out. (I know it's a long shot but PM me to connect.)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru

Have you upgraded the Maschine+ firmware to the latest version? This needs to be done tethered to the computer btw

• tetsuneko
    edited May 2022

So I went ahead with the update, and I'm not sure if placebo, but overall performance seems to have improved? I used to get slight glitches when starting/stopping playback, and these now seem to have disappeared for the most part?

I think I'm also seeing slightly lower CPU readings across the board..!

We're getting closer and closer to "gig worthy" performance 🀘🏻

(Need to test ext MIDI performance & Custom Kontakt content importing next)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited May 2022

@tetsuneko beat me to it :)

Hey @Andrey Totev There was a firmware update in November 2021, you can find it here

Then follow these steps:

• To run the tool, download it and extract the ZIP to any folder on your computer.
    • To enter controller mode, disconnect the power supply from MAS+.
    • Connect your MAS+ to your computer via USB.
    • Start the Firmware Updater for Maschine Plus.
    • FWUpdater for Maschine Plus will guide you through all steps to update the device firmware.

It adresses some of the MIDI clock issues, can you check and see you get improvements ?

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

I am okay

The most cpu-intensive project went down from 80 to 60/65%

And another project, from 45 to 35 / 40

I had no problem with these projects, but it leaves a little more leeway

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 137 Pro

Yesterday, my initial 1.4 sessions and auto sampled instrument building experience is ROCK SOLID!

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

One unit to rule them all! M+!!

• nicknackers
    nicknackers Member Posts: 23 Member

Just wanted to say, I’m very very pleased with the update, maschine seems faster, no crackles and autosampler is fricken awesome. well done team πŸ‘πŸ»

Arturia Polybrute samples anyone 😎

• tetsuneko
    edited May 2022

Also, I'm happy to report that even though you cannot save Reaktor presets in OS 1.4 and have them recall on the desktop, at least all the ensembles built with Reaktor desktop 6.4.3 still function and recall normally πŸ‘

This means that you should still be able to use custom Reaktor stuff in your Maschine+ standalone projects, and have them open on Maschine desktop OK, you just cannot save presets from the standalone since those will become Reaktor 6.4.4 version files, which don't seem to currently open on Reaktor 6.4.3..

All in all, this is looking like a solid update. It was worth the wait. NI devs, you've earned a pint (or twelve 😜)

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

Hell yeah! Let’s start a new thread for auto sampled instruments and share with the world?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    edited May 2022

Wait we're on this actually πŸ˜‡ πŸ˜‚

We're working on a separate space just for that with some fun ideas with Metapop. We'll give you until the end of the week to stock up on instruments and then we can spread it all 🫑

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Uhh... guys. When did you add this autoloop thing? Is it something I just missed before? Looping my voice is just stupid fun and it works better than it has any right to.

No tuner (I certainly need it), but I have a reaktor patch to play a static A or C while I tune.

...and the whole "renaming user recording samples" thing is great (though I'd rather be on the edit page). There sure is quite a lot packed into this update.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

I had only one problem with this nice update.

I have a project, when I want to read it, the M+ indicates "busy", but it stays like that.

I started other projects, then tried this one again, eventually I was able to open it.

I renamed it and today it did the same thing, I made a copy, I'll see tomorrow if this copy opens more easily.

Do you have an idea ?

This discussion has been closed.