Playbox hangs when pressing play on Logic

Paul G
Paul G Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Since 2 days I can't use Playbox, as soon as I press play LogicPro hangs.  

This only happens with Playbox. All other instruments work without problems. 

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Do you open Playbox with Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol ? Can you open Playbox in Kontakt in standalone ? Can it load there ?

• Berth
    Berth Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Same here. Since I updated Komplete Control.

• Berth

I have multiple problems with Playbox (under Komplete Kontrolle - DAW: Garageband): constant crashes, redraw problems. No fun at all :-(

• Paul G
    Paul G Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Maybe it needs some performance updates. Crashes continues. :)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2022

Hey @Berth @Paul G We'd like to help, do you mind checking a few things ? Does Playbox hang in Komplete Kontrol in standalone as well or is it only in Logic ? Does it hang if you open it in Kontakt in Logic ? Is the Playbox library installed in a different location than other libraries that work normally ? What are your audio settings in Logic ? Does the problem still occur if you give Full Disk Access to Logic, Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Berth

I don't use Logic but Garageband. When I open Playbox in an Kontakt instance, Garageband crashes instantly.

After the update:

When I load Garageband files with Playbox content, it hangs after pressing play. When I create new Playbox tracks, it works normally.

• Berth

edit: In standalone Kontakt and Komplete Control it seems to work but I didn't have time to check in detail

Berrth

• Jeremy_NI

Ok @Berth Sorry OP mentioned Logic. GarageBand should work the same. Did you give GarageBand Full Disk Access ?

Please try the following: delete this folder:

Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Kontakt

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Open Kontakt in standalone, let it's database be rebuilt, load Playbox. If it's working, close Kontakt, open GarageBand, try to load a new Playbox track in Kontakt, if it works, then try to open it in Komplete Kontrol. If all this works then open one of your older projects. Do they load normally now ?

• Berth

Hi Jeremy,

Playbox in Kontakt.app works, I only briefly checked though.

Playbox loading in Kontakt plugin creates an immediate crash of Garageband. All other Kontakt instruments are working well.

Playbox works in Komplete Control under Garageband. Although: constant crashes, not consistent so I cannot verify a specific cause. All other Kontakt instruments are working like usual in Komplete Kontrol.

I can load files I did before the update of Komplete Control but when I start to run them Garageband stalls and has to been forced quit.

All this is happening without Garageband warns about system overload.

So the question is why this is all happening. As I mentioned before: I'm running a M1 iMac so the resources should be ok.

Can somebody post experiences with Logic? I would upgrade if Logic doen's have any Playbox issues. Otherwise I would give Playbox a miss - sad, because I love the idea behind.

Berth

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Berth ,

You hadn't mentioned you were using a M1 computer and on your profile it says Intel. Are you running GarageBand in Rosetta mode ? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta You would need it to load Komplete Kontrol. Have you tried resetting Kontakt's database as proposed earlier ?

• Berth

Hey Jeremy,

@M1: I bought a new iMac M1 some month ago and didn't change my profile - sorry about that.

@Rosetta: Garageband runs in Universal mode. Komplete Kontrol loads perfectly alright, also does Kontakt.

I deleted the Kontakt database and now Kontakt (as Garageband plugin) is opening Playbox properly. Thanks for that.

What still remains: I cannot run Garageband-files made before the last Komplete Control update. They are loading but when I try to play them Garageband hangs and I have to force quit it.

Let me again stress that all other instruments under Kontakt are running perfectly alright: Electric Sunburst, Glaze, DrumLab, Monarch, Prism, Reaktor, Twentyfour etc etc. Its only Playbox causing trouble.

I am about to purchase Logic Pro and try things when I have the time.

Thanks for your support, Jeremy

Berth

• christomurr
    christomurr Member Posts: 19 Member

Similar issue here. Can create a project and use Playbox within Komplete Kontrol on a track. But when I reopen the project and hit the Play transport, it hangs. Then have to Force Quit. I can unload Playbox and load it again, but then I'd have to reselect instruments and such. Also, I am opening Logic Pro in Rosetta Mode. Still have no solution, but wanted to add details. Thanks. Christopher

• Jeremy_NI

@christomurr I contacted you by email regarding this, we need to have a deeper look. @Berth I see you are already in contact with my colleagues about that.

• BlueStar9
    BlueStar9 Member Posts: 1 Member

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I can load Playbox in Kontakt, I can load and play Playbox in logic, once I save a sequence close it and re-open it if I try to play the sequence Logic hangs. I have:

1. Reinstalled Playbox using Native Access
    2. Deleted Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Kontakt and let Kontakt rebuild the database.
  • Jeremy_NI

@BlueStar9 I contacted you by email regarding this issue. We'll need to have a deeper look.