Kontrol s8 with rane 12 mk2

DJBricks
DJBricks Member Posts: 7 Member

Looking to get a Rane 12 mk2 to add to my s8.

will this setup work? There’s no usb in on the s8. Would I connect the Rane to my laptop via usb and then the rane to my s8 via rca? I’d like to have all the button features work in Traktor along with the platter to scratch.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as I can see on the website the rane can do both. It can be a midi controller via usb to your PC or you can use it as dvs controller via RCA out, from the rane, to RCA in on the s8.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Answer ✓

Twelve mk2 is supported with hybrid mode afaik. That means midi control (with available tsi) for buttons, etc… and platter support with audio timecode so you will need an audio interface in between. The good news are Traktor 3 ditched the need for specific supported interfaces so any could do the trick.

Hope it helps.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hey there, I am also thinking of getting a pair also. As far as my research goes, with RCA and with USB you will get full control of Rane Twelves MK2’s. They look so cool.

• Mutis
    Answer ✓

Yup…

usb for midi side (buttons, etc)

Audio output into interface for platter control.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

As far as I can see on the website you can do USB or time code dvs - or hybrid, so you don't need necessary line inputs, but i don't know if dvs control is more precise than via midi only. And his S8 has 2 stereo line ins so he will be fine anyway.

• Mutis
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

For Traktor you will need hybrid but I don’t know if twelves are seen as audio interfaces so for hybrid extra audio interface should be required. In fact I doubt these (twelves) can act as audio interface since you will need to aggregated device on mac and even weirder solution under windows (asio4all) so probably better centralize the interface (it could be the S8 as you pointed ;) ) and just get audio timecode from twelve in hybrid mode. Traktor doesn’t allow (maybe has changed lately?) motorised controllers aside s4 mk3…

Hope it helps.

Answers