Reaktor 6 Error in Komplete Kontrol: "Error applying preset data"

Phil
Phil Member Posts: 29 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello folks, on quite a few of the sounds in Reaktor 6, when I try to load them I get the following message and KKS49 hangs up. It does play the preview of the sound that give this issue though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

If you work with Reaktor full version please use snapshots NO presets.

Presets are good for the Player which can't open the Edit button.

A lot of users had problems in the good ol' forum. The last one contact the preset seller and got an update. The issue was not in Reaktor.

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper

Not all Reaktor ensembles were conceived to react to,keyboard. Some auto-play, for some you have to start the transport, some are mapped only on some keys. Reaktor is a rich environment that helps creation of very diverse musical objects…Read the ensemble info, often its creator explains how to use it

Answers

• Paule

If you work with Reaktor full version please use snapshots NO presets.

Presets are good for the Player which can't open the Edit button.

A lot of users had problems in the good ol' forum. The last one contact the preset seller and got an update. The issue was not in Reaktor.

• Phil

Thank you,

Everything I own that I use in KK I have got from Native Instruments, I will contact them to see what they say.

Thanks again

Phil

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

@Jeremy @ NI Ever came across this error message in Komplete Kontrol ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

What preset are you trying to load exactly ? Do you know to what Reaktor instrument they belong ? Did you move any content after installation ? Can you open these instruments in Reaktor 6 in standalone ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Nope, this one is new to me, will ask around and until I find out, let's see what we can do for @Phil here!

• Phil

Thanks for your help folks,

I'll have answers when I get home this evening (I'm in the UK). There are a few instruments/patches whatever they're called, don't forget I'm an in at the deep end newbie so please excuse my naivety.

Cheers all

Phil

• Phil

Well, it's like going to the dentist. I can't make it happen now 😥

I have noticed something else though, some of the sounds seem to have a mind of their own in Reaktor. For instance, Not Amused and Crystal Rain from Factory Selection R2 in Reaktor don't do anything when I hit the keys but if I just leave the thing alone, they start making sounds.

This may be the way it is supposed to be, I don't know myself.

Any ideas?

Cheers

• Philippe

Not all Reaktor ensembles were conceived to react to,keyboard. Some auto-play, for some you have to start the transport, some are mapped only on some keys. Reaktor is a rich environment that helps creation of very diverse musical objects…Read the ensemble info, often its creator explains how to use it

• Phil

Thank you for that. Excuse my ignorance but where do I find the "ensemle info"?

I'm enjoying all of this information, thanks everyone.

Phil

• Philippe

Not easy to explain here… You might read the Getting Started manual

And check that Info Hints is enabled so you can have information displayed when hovering mouse over objects

• Paule
    edited January 2022

ALT key + I is the way to Reaktor info hints on the gui. Move the mouse arrow to a knob, switch, button or fader. A small window appears showing you the info hints. Or switch on the white circled I in Reaktor's upper right corner.

Excuse my ignorance but where do I find the "ensemle info"?

In Reaktor standalone press F1 key, click the hook and go to tab Info

Not Amused and Crystal Rain

That sound like a droner with no key activation.