Komplete Kontrol S88 MkII Not Working with Maschine Studio

DJ Go-iLL
DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 19 Member

I cannot Gert my S88 to work with Maschine Studio now for some reason. It works in Standalone mode but now it does not work in conjunction with Maschine Studio. I recently began recording in Protools and thought that I may have changed an output or midi setting but I cant seem to get it to work.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

if you open up the maschine plugin within pro tools do you see the maschine studio and the s88 logo on the upper right? And if you click on both do you can then control the maschine plugin with the s88? Do notes at least go to the maschine plugin or is that also not working? Maybe you disconnect both devices and make the updates of komplete kontrol and maschine plugin today.

• DJ Go-iLL

I can't even get the S88 to work with Maschine Studio. I thought it was an i/o issue and have been the audio & midi preferences in Maschine but its not working and I have everything updated.

• DJ Go-iLL

Here are screenshots of my settings.... I'm running this with an Apollo Twin X Quad audio interface!

• Uwe303

so like i sayd, do you see the maschine sign and the s88 sign on the top right? and you only need to set s88 port on input, on output you don´t need any port as long as you don´t have an external synth, for exampkle, to control. do the s88 work with komplete konrtol plugin in pro tools? I´m not a mac user so i´m maybe not able to help. Best would be if we start with all the versions you use, what maschine version do you have installed via native access?

• DJ Go-iLL

I do see the icons in the upper right corner there for both the maschine studio and my s88. I deleted the midi out settings but I don't see one that says Komplete Kontrol s88 midi for a midi input setting. I just upgraded both Komplete Kontrol and maschine thru native access.

• Uwe303

Do you speak now about using it in the DAW? Cause your pics show the ports with stand alone mode (s88 port 1 and 2 but i have to find out). If you use it in a DAW you have to route the midi from the keyboard to the channel where the maschine plugin is loaded. I don't know your DAW but in cubase i have a mode where i can set it so, that midi goes automatically to the selected track. Cause if DAW integration works correctly, if you select a instance of maschine inside your DAW from the keyboard, it gets selected and then routed automatically as i said. And do transport work from the keyboard, then we know that the integration works. Maybe there are two problems here. Maybe someone else,who owns the s88 himself, can help out. Ohh and you asked about your new interface, i don't think that's an issue, it's a really good interface and with core audio on mac it should work like a dream, can you also say what version of pro tools you use?

• Uwe303

Ohh and i forgot to mention, that the midi settings on the stand alone application, does not influence the plugin - like i said you have to route then the keyboard midi through your daw, maschine midi is handled internally, maybe that can be confusing. But if you think about it, and that the keyboard is primarily made for komplete kontrol it all makes sense.