"!" not finding Samples. But they are there

franklyn
franklyn Member Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Hi, in some projects I have the problem that samples are not loaded ("!"), when I open a Session created with my older Mac.

Its not a "relocate" problem. When I open the same group on a blanc project it opens fine. But opening some older sessions the sample of exact this group are not found. The group is not a user preset.

Any Idea?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @franklyn Do you know where these samples come from? Are they from an expansion? From the Maschine library ?

On the new Mac, does Maschine has Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• franklyn

Hi Jeremy,

thank you!

yes the samples are from an NI expansion.

I will verify the the Full Disk Access status later in the studio.

But can this really be the reason, also when I can load all groups/sounds from this expansion without trouble from my new Mac?

• franklyn

Confirmed: Yes Native Access has full disk access !

• franklyn

There comes also no error message like "samples not found" or "expansions not correct installed"

the project loads without error, but in front of every sample there is a "!" and when I try "find missing sample" nothing happens.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Have you tried reinstalling the Expansion(s)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Also is this happening with all expansions or is it only specific ones ?

About the Full Disk Access thing, the most important in that case would be to make sure to add Maschine in the list of programs that has it.

• franklyn

Aaaaaah, yeah !

It works! Thanx so much !

I give Maschine Full Disk Access.

Thanx for clearing !

Do Kontakt and Komplette also need this?

Is there a reason why this is not done by installing?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@franklyn It's a Mac security feature we can't really bypass. When you update the software, make sure to double check the settings just in case because sometimes you'll have give it a full disk access again.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited May 2022

The macOS is supposed to prompt the user when apps need permissions but it's often not triggered for some odd reason, I don't know why but this happens to me all the time with several different software, it's not just an NI thing.

Whenever I install something new I check the perms and allow it if I trust the company.

• franklyn

yes, the question for microphone permission is mostly working. But this full disk access permission was never asked. Now its also on my list.