Upcoming community improvements for Q2 🚀

Matt_NI
Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
edited April 2023 in Welcome

Hey everyone,

As promised, we're starting a new thread to share more information about the platform and give you a new space to share ideas. Last month, we shared the findings we made looking at everyone's input from the feedback thread and thanks to your contribution we added some items on our plan to make available throughout Q2. Here's what we have considered in no specific orders:

• Adding signatures ~ added
  • Integration of our Knowledge Base into the search ~ added
  • Styling improvements: Roles / Best Answers ~ added
  • Adding back to top button in threads ~ added
  • Improving visual display of announcements ~ delayed (waiting for provider)

Additionally, we're also investigating few other topics such as feature requests, layout/structure changes, performance and the ability to display specs at the discussion level.

As mentioned before, other requested improvements are relying on our provider but we're hoping to see some work done throughout the year, especially with our editor (quotes🤞), notifications and more layout options.

We'll have a similar approach every quarter and you can use this space for the first 2 months to share any constructive feedback / ideas. Please keep the discussions on topic so everyone can find their way 🙌

Tagged:

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Will these drop all at once, or come in dribs and drabs? I think they're all important, so no preference, just interested.

• Matt_NI
    edited April 2022

Most likely one by one throughout Q2 since these are all individual tasks for the dev. The first one to drop is the KB search sometime next week.

• Matt_NI
  • Matt_NI
    edited May 2022

We just added a Back To Top button at the bottom of the editor inside threads. We'll be checking to expand that feature to discussion lists as well.

• Matt_NI

We just added some CSS improvements for roles types. NI teams are highlighted in blue and we will soon extend that to our mods.

We also added CSS improvements for the best answer tags. Both can be seen in this example here:

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

Please add an option to edit quotes. As it is now, you can only quote full posts, or not quote at all.

• Matt_NI
    edited May 2022

I wrote this in the first post: "As mentioned before, other requested improvements are relying on our provider but we're hoping to see some work done throughout the year, especially with our editor (quotes🤞), notifications and more layout options"

I know it's really not practical right now but unfortunately, it is in the hands of our provider. They are aware though and already mentioned its on their radar.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Hi there,

Im still experiencing general sluggishness on this site. It takes about 10 seconds for a page to load. Other forums and sites in general I go to are snappy and quick, so I think its this site. The old site was really quick.

Is there any news on dark mode yet?

Would it be possible to put links to page numbers (for a thread that has more than one page) at the top level. As it stands, to view a thread with a number of pages, if I want to go to the last page, it takes me 30 seconds to get there

• Matt_NI
    edited May 2022

Can you share more information about your browser / OS and all that so we can try and reproduce ?

No information yet on Dark Mode since we first have to go through some more basic changes with our UI. This is something we'd probably have to revisit towards the end of the year.

I'm not sure I fully understand the last point, please drop me a DM if you can 🙏

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Hi Matt. Thankyou for your reply.

DM coming now.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

When upvoting ideas, the arrow icon colors are a little confusing: when we have not upvoted an idea, it's a black arrow (on light background), and when we DO upvote, the arrow becomes very light, almost the same as the background, which makes it seem like we've actually undone our vote. Maybe those colors could be tuned a bit :)

• Matt_NI

Can you share a screenshot here so I see exactly what colors you are being displayed?

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru
    edited June 2022

When I have upvoted an idea:

When I have not upvoted an idea:

edit: this is inside the idea post. in the subforum, there are unfilled (not voted on) and filled (voted on) triangles, which is much clearer.

• Matt_NI

Ah my bad, I was looking at the discussion list level. I agree this is terrible coloring and we'll try and get it fixed. Thank you for letting us know.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

I noticed that navigating between the Traktor Beta and Traktor main pages of the forum only links from the main page. A link back from the Beta area would be nice.

Also on mobile Android (not sure about Iphone), if you look at the profile panel you have to close it with the X button (which is fine), it would be nice to close the panel with the back button on the phone without going back to the previous page. Most pop up panels work that way on mobile.

This discussion has been closed.