Kontakt 6.7.1 VST3 crashes Cubase 12

Beatback
Beatback Member Posts: 15 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

In projects when I open/close the VST Editor Window of Kontakt 6.7.1 VST 3 Cubase 12.0.1 crashes. Not every Time but randomly 1-20 open/close from the VST Instrument Editor.

It is the same if I open it in Komplete Kontrol 2.7 or as a normal VST 3 Plugin Instrument.

With Kontakt 6.6.1 VST 2 only a hickup of 10-15 seconds is noticeable but no crash.

(Win 10 64Bit Cubase 12.0.10)

Any suggestion?

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

There is a new version of Cubase (12.0.20) with performance improvements…I would start there. I have no issues with Kontakt in Cubase 12

• Beatback

Do you use the VST 3 or VST 2 version of Kontakt?

• Blindeddie

VST3 and VST2…no problems with either one!

• Beatback

Thank you!

Do you have tested it on Mac OS?

Cubase 12.0.20 runs with Kontakt VST 3.

still a hickup of 10-15 seconds is noticeable after open/closing kontakt instrument editor but no crash!

• Blindeddie
  • Ians
    Ians Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that's only the VST3 that's ARM, the VST2 is still Intel?

Getting all sorts of bother on my Mac Studio & various DAWs. Bitwig reports Kontakt VST2 as Intel x64. Only the VST3 is reported as ARM

Thanks

• Ians
    Ians Member Posts: 9 Member

Just discovered there isn't going to be a VST2 ARM version. I guess it's gonna be the same for all NI VST2s

• Beatback

Now it doesn´t crash!

Had to reinstall some soundbanks after moving the Native Libs to a new bigger SSD.

In the end it is very important to erase the database of Komplete Kontrol and let it be build new at next startup from Komplete Kontrol Standalone.

Hope that helps others that ran into this problem.