Midi sequence impossible with Maschine as a plugin + Maschine mikro MK3 & GarageBand

DSC99
DSC99 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hello,

I got NO issues to record a midi sequence directly on my DAW (GB) with my NI S49 keyboard when I activate the option on Maschine : group/input/ and set on Manual & host as described in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QDDjcUazAw

BUT...It's impossible to record any midi sequence with my M.Mikro MK3 controller, and i don't know why. Everything seems OK, here are some pictures of my setup.

(OS Catalina / hardware are updated)

Thank you for your help ;)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, yes, as you can see the Mackie template doesn't have any notes on the pads, so no notes there means no notes in MIDI mode.

You can set it back to default by choosing Edit then New

Then, when in MIDI mode, you can navigate through the octaves by pressing GROUP + PADs 9 to 16. Take your time, don't rush and just follow the steps.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @DSC99 So what happens when you put the Mikro MK3 to MIDI mode ? Are the pads lighting up ? Can you play the Maschine sounds at all ? Are there any MIDI notes recorded ? Have you tried navigating through the octaves (SHIFT + PAD 9 to 16) ?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Maschine and GarageBand: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• DSC99

Hey,

thank you for your response.

Full access disk is OK with Maschine. I don't have this problem with my NI keyboard S49 to write a midi sequence.

This happens with Maschine Mikro only : No midi note recorded

The pads are lightening, and sounds otherwise OK ;).

I don't understand the Octave points ??

• DSC99

Here is a new short video, I hear every sounds ;)

• DSC99

I've just set the controller on midi mode, midi note are this time recorded WITH NO sounds at all :)) lolll

• Jeremy_NI

So, when in MIDI mode, do you get sounds at all, even if not recording ? Are there notes recorded in the MIDI clip or none at all ? Did you set up the start note to C1 as explained in the video ?

Have you loaded any special template for the Maschine Mikro MK3 in Controller Editor ?

• DSC99

in total MIDI mode, the notes are recorded in C-1 , not good I presume

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so then, you can navigate through the octaves by pushing the GROUP button + PADS 9 to 16, if you push GROUP + PAD 15 (C) you should have your sounds corresponding. My bad, I told you the wrong button before, it's not SHIFT, it's GROUP.

• DSC99

It's always by default on C1.

yes i got the controller editor, I've just deleted "Template" one by mistake, and i can't delete Mackie one is it a problem ? ;)

• DSC99

Ok, so then, you can navigate through the octaves by pushing the GROUP button + PADS 9 to 16, if you push GROUP + PAD 15 (C) you should have your sounds corresponding. My bad, I told you the wrong button before, it's not SHIFT, it's GROUP.

In which mode ? the total midi mode or plugin mode ?? I'm a total beginner with the controller i don't feel very comfortable with MIDI stuff

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Ok, yes, as you can see the Mackie template doesn't have any notes on the pads, so no notes there means no notes in MIDI mode.

You can set it back to default by choosing Edit then New

Then, when in MIDI mode, you can navigate through the octaves by pressing GROUP + PADs 9 to 16. Take your time, don't rush and just follow the steps.

• DSC99

GREAT !! it's OK on MIDI, then I can hear the PADS, and i can record midi sequence !!

THANK YOU !

• DSC99

So it's OK to record midi sequence with the good octave in MIDI set up mode (sounds OK). .

But...it's still doesn't work on plugin mode, this is normal I guess ?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Jeremy_NI the solution doesn't work on a plugin mode. Is this expected? 🤔

• Jeremy_NI

@DSC99 @Kaiwan_NI You can't record the MIDI when in the Maschine plug-in, correct, that is to be expected, BUT, there is a workaround: