Downloaded and Installed Komplete Start, no sound at all

Matti
Matti Member Posts: 3 Member

So, before anyone asks, yes, I restarted my computer. Yes, I have the volume turned up on everything that needs to be turned up. I'm getting no sound at all either in the stand-alone player for Kontakt or Komplete Start.

I've spent three hours troubleshooting this. I've scoured the forums looking for help. I've searched YouTube and Google. I've wasted three hours trying to figure out why nothing is coming out when I press the keys on my keyboard.

I'm using a Mac with Big Sur 11.6.1, my DAW is Logic Pro X 10.5.1. All of my other plug-ins are working, but nothing will play through Kontakt or Komplete. If I record on a software track, the MIDI notes will show up but they won't be audible.

I filled out a support ticket and even did the troubleshooting scan, but when I went to send the ZIP file back, Google blocked the attachment.

Also, I had an issue with the NI troubleshooting app, and I had to force my computer to open it because it said there could be malware.

I may very well be missing something simple here in regards to the sounds not playing, but I should be able to expect to not get malware warnings either trying to open or send files to figure out why my downloaded software isn't working. Anyway, if I can't figure this out in the next few hours I'm deleting it all. I'm already miffed that I've wasted hours on this today. Sorry for the gruff intro but I'm a little annoyed at this.

Answers

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

Well... let's start with the obvious: Have you loaded a Kontakt library, or an instrument plugin in Komplete Kontrol (if that's what you want to play)?

• Matti
    edited May 2022

Yup, did all that, and it just would not play the sounds.

Funny enough, it just started working. I have no idea what I did or did not do that made it work, but gift horses, mouths, that sort of thing.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

Maybe the tracks weren't record armed, or MIDI input was off.

Anway, glad it works now. 👍

• Matti

It might have been something to do with MIDI inputs and outputs selected. Things is that none of the tutorial or troubleshooting things I watched addressed exactly what I needed to do so I just guessed until I heard sound. I couldn’t tell you which toggle did the thing.

So once it began to work on the stand-alone players I tried it in Logic and still, nothing. I then tested out some other plug-ins. Logic stock AU’s worked. Decent Sampler didn’t, but then suddenly it did. Once that worked, the Kontakt/NI stuff began working.

Again, I couldn’t tell you what did the trick if my life depended on it. I’m really pissed that the entire time I allotted to work on music was caught up in this god-forsaken snag that absolutely should not have happened though.