New Traktor Kontrol S2?

Andrea
Andrea Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Do you know if there is an imminent release of a new traktor kontrol s2 version?

Tagged:

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

I am under the impressions there are goodies of a different kind under the hood. Also, S2Mk3 has been released not so long ago and i am sure N.I. would like to sell off their stock first.

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 59 Helper

The current available NI controller are fine and do perfectly what they are build for.

What needs an urgent update is the Traktor Pro software.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Mk4?

I expect the hell frozen before we will see any S-whatever mk4 controller…

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I agree with their flagship S8 now obselete and Z2. I would say new flagships incoming, when that will be is anyones guess.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    edited May 2022

We know some kind of hardware is on the way, we don't know what or when. Could be month.

• djchicco77
    djchicco77 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi all, I think the S2 and S4 Mk3 controllers have limitations (eg too short pitch travel and no proper master output, plus booth output with small jack cable which is embarrassing). The Mk2 versions seem to me the best releases, not surprisingly many people continue to use the Mk2 and have never switched to the Mk3. For this reason, many traktor users await the release of the MK4, which we hope will happen soon .... and which hopefully will take over some features from MK2 (including the RCA booth output) and be equally practical. The way I think the Mk3 came out badly as an idea.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

I have no interest in another all in one controller solution.