My traktor keeps on freezing when I play with the loops or load too many songs

KidMerlyn
KidMerlyn Member Posts: 15 Member

So I had traktor working with the default Wasapi drivers and it was working fine, I installed ableton and it wanted asio drivers so I installed the s4 mk3 asio driver out of the NI folder on my computer and now traktor is wonky

so I think I need to go back to the way it was (before asio driver install) how do I do this? Is there another fix?

Windows 10 Traktor pro 3 Kontrol S4 Mk3

Best Answer

• KidMerlyn
    Answer ✓

No I am not I had to completely uninstall my S4 and reinstall it to get the wasapi drivers back, which got me off asio and working normally

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

after installing the asio drivers did you set them as output device in traktor? Normally asio drivers work better then the windows drivers, and did you checked online for the latest drivers and firmware? You can uninstall , if you really want to, under system/apps and programs or something like that, so the cogwheel after clicking on start and so on.

Uwe

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    edited April 2022

Yup. You’re gonna want to use the ASIO drivers in Traktor now that they’re installed…

Are you running Traktor & Live at the same time by any chance?

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey @KidMerlyn - are you still having this issue?

• KidMerlyn
    Answer ✓

No I am not I had to completely uninstall my S4 and reinstall it to get the wasapi drivers back, which got me off asio and working normally

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

What's your computer spec?

Did you optimize Windows for DJ-ing?

S4 MK3 ASIO will put more stress on your system.