Tips for finding patterns associated with groups

JRGariano
JRGariano Member Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

I use Maschine+ exclusively in standalone mode. I just recently discovered that I can import patterns when I load groups, and have started using that to add rhythms to songs. It's great.

However, I'm looking for some tips on how to more effectively find patterns that fit the certain parameters, specifically:

• Is there a way to filter or seek out patterns in a certain tempo range? For example, I'll sometimes find a pattern I like using the prehear feature, but then when I load the group, the patterns that come with it are designed for a substantially different tempo and as such are unusable.
  • Is there a way to filter or seek out patterns designed for a certain time signature? For example, if I'm working on a song in 3/4 or 6/8, is there a way to either find patterns in those time signatures or, alternatively, and easy way to take a group pattern in 4/4 and modify it to be in 3/4 or 6/8?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Patterns are embedded in groups, there is no loading of patterns independently of the group and there is no filtering of any kind when they are loaded whatever is in the group is what gets loaded. Also the previews are pre-recorded audio files that are recorded at the project tempo that the Group was created/used in, so there is no bearing on the tempo you are currently working with.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Patterns are embedded in groups, there is no loading of patterns independently of the group and there is no filtering of any kind when they are loaded whatever is in the group is what gets loaded. Also the previews are pre-recorded audio files that are recorded at the project tempo that the Group was created/used in, so there is no bearing on the tempo you are currently working with.