Account Hacked - I'm locked out. Did I just lose 10 years of purchases?

Dawnpilot
Dawnpilot Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Native Access

I just received an email from NI that the email on my account has been changed. That's it. No, is this you? Are you really doing this? If so, click here!

So, I'm locked out. I don't own any products (I own a ton) and I've been told to contact them during business hours. As it's noon in NYC I would hope that a global company might have someone on duty.

Is there no 2-factor authentication on these accounts? btw. the person who stole my account is:

Just in case you wanted to catch him, literally in the act.

(Yes, I just created this account to post this)

Comments

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

So, was your pc hacked, or did you get phished? Probably good idea to fully scan your system, and start changing all your account passwords, and ensure complex passwords. Consider using scan tool online to check your emails and for your passwords in the wild. Inlikely your account was hacked unless you had really dumb password easily guessed like shortcutznyc or similar.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Actually...kind of brings up good point. How they heck do you change password here. Hm. I think forum password now shared from main site settings, right? Going to go double check that.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey @Dawnpilot - you're also welcome to contact us during non-business hours via our typeform:

https://support.native-instruments.com

Alternatively, we can create a ticket directly from this forum post, if you'd like. Let me know how you'd like us to help!

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I like the idea of adding 2factor Auth to NI accounts btw

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Would be good. Or at least for important things like Licence Transfer and email/password change.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

@Dawnpilot Flagged this to our team and we'll get this sorted quickly.

I removed the email from your original post but also passed it along to speed things up.