NA unable to relocate Maschine 2 and NBPL Libraries

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
edited June 2022 in Native Access

After moving NI libraries or renaming the disk in macOS, Native Access is unable to relocate the following libraries:

• Maschine 2 Factory Library
  • Native Browser Preview Library

When pointing to the new location, NA indicates that this is no valid product location.

The reason for this is that the actual installation directory for these products differs from the real product name.

• Maschine 2 Factory Library: Installs in „Maschine 2 Library“
  • Native Browser Preview Library: Installs in „NBPL“

Therefore NA enforces a reinstall which actually writes over the existing files.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Jeremy @ NI have you come across this issue before and maybe have a workaround?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

Well, I'm not that versed in Native Access issues, but as far as I know the Maschine 2 Factory Library and the Native Browser Preview Library can't be relocated in Native Access like for Kontakt libraries, you would need to uninstall them completely, change install locations in Native Access and then reinstall from scratch.

How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

@ozon Does that work for you ?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    edited January 2022

Hello,

you can´t relocate them like already said. So it´s not a bug.

I edited the title and deleted the word BUG

Uwe

• ozon

you can´t relocate them like already said. So it´s not a bug.

Are you serious?!

Did you actually try it?

• ozon
    edited January 2022

but as far as I know the Maschine 2 Factory Library and the Native Browser Preview Library can't be relocated in Native Access like for Kontakt libraries

@Jeremy @ NI then NA shouldn’t offer that function for them.

Similar problem for Control Editor BTW.

@ozon Does that work for you ?

A fresh install works also without uninstalling first, that’s not the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

Hey @ozon I'm sorry, as I said I'm not a Native Access guru, this feature was not possible back in the days where I dealt with NA cases, my bad. I think the best is to get in touch with my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

If it's indeed a bug they either can confirm it or try and reproduce it if it wasn't reported before.

• ozon

Hey @Jeremy @ NI no need to be sorry and thank you very much for your answer. I’ll sumbit it with that form.

• mrwillz
    mrwillz Member Posts: 2 Member

I was able to fix it by changing the name of the folder. NA said "is the product name in this location?" and I realized it was looking for a folder with the same name as the product. I changed the folder name to "Maschine 2 Factory Library" and refreshed and everything worked out fine.

• ozon

@mrwillz and Maschine 2 still finds the Library?

Will be interesting to see whether updates to the Library work correctly.

• nwebb
    nwebb Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2023

Hi, to add to this:

I have all my libraries on an external drive, and all of them were working without issue (as best as I can tell) on my previous Mac.

I'm in the process of reinstalling everything onto a new computer and decided it was time to do a clean installation. Thankfully for the vast majority of libraries I am able to use the 'locate' feature, but there are a few problematic libraries, including those listed in this thread.

ISSUE 1: Some libraries, like 'Machine 2 Factory Library', are on the drive, but clicking the '...' in Native Access doesn't give me an option to locate the folder (instead the only option is 'release notes').

ISSUE 2: In several cases (as with 'NBPL') I can see the folder but I get an error when I try to locate it. I read above that this library can't/couldn't be relocated - all the previews I tried were definitely working on my last computer, so perhaps I inadvertently had two copies of this directory? If this folder can't be relocated I agree with @ozon that it would make more sense to ensure the user isn't presented with a 'locate' option, and users should be warned in Native Access, because most people will assume they have everything backed up.

I should mention that I've had the same issues in both versions of Native Access.

There were a couple of other folders that presented issues, but I forget which/ In all these cases I appear to have no other option than to re-download GBs of files to get them working again. It would be nice to see these glitches addressed for anyone who follows the same route in the future.