Can I use all the instruments of komplete in maschine +?

MnPl
MnPl Member Posts: 4 Member

I'm considering on buying a maschine + to get the work out of the studio. I make different stiles of music and usually I like to use classical instruments sounds like the ones that comes with komplete. It will be possible to work with them on maschine+?

I also would love to work with my EWQL symphonic orchestra but I figure it will be not possible, is it?

Thanks to all

Best Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin
    Answer ✓

You can find a list of instruments supported on Maschine + in standalone on our website here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/

When used with your computer as a controller, you can load everything from Komplete into Maschine 2.

• Metaphor
    Metaphor Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Most of NI' s expansions will work with Maschine+ in standalone mode and some Kontakt instruments were ported for Maschine+. The Rest of Komplete Instruments won' t work, especially no 3rd party libraries.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Note also that some available instrument eat a lot of CPU. As example a lot of Massive presets on M+ eat 20% of CPU when loaded and 5% to 10% more when played (so it can go up to 30%, and it is worse with Reaktor presets). And actually audio glitches happen around 75% of CPU...

• briann55
    briann55 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Ya there needs to be a huge disclaimer about this... After paying $1400 for M+ I then spent another $500 on Komplete 13 only to find most (almost all) of the instruments can't be used with M+ in standalone. I thought it would work the same as when used as a Midi controller. Basically only the expansions work. I can't even load expansions into all 8 banks without overloading the CPU on M+. Disappointment after disappointment...

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin
    Answer ✓

You can find a list of instruments supported on Maschine + in standalone on our website here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/

When used with your computer as a controller, you can load everything from Komplete into Maschine 2.

• MnPl

Thanks Matt, I think I'll go for it :)

• Metaphor
    Metaphor Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Most of NI' s expansions will work with Maschine+ in standalone mode and some Kontakt instruments were ported for Maschine+. The Rest of Komplete Instruments won' t work, especially no 3rd party libraries.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Note also that some available instrument eat a lot of CPU. As example a lot of Massive presets on M+ eat 20% of CPU when loaded and 5% to 10% more when played (so it can go up to 30%, and it is worse with Reaktor presets). And actually audio glitches happen around 75% of CPU...

• briann55
    briann55 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Ya there needs to be a huge disclaimer about this... After paying $1400 for M+ I then spent another $500 on Komplete 13 only to find most (almost all) of the instruments can't be used with M+ in standalone. I thought it would work the same as when used as a Midi controller. Basically only the expansions work. I can't even load expansions into all 8 banks without overloading the CPU on M+. Disappointment after disappointment...

• MnPl

Thanks to all, with the sum of all your answers I think can make my decision. If I get that it will become a sketch book and I like the idea, but maybe it's better to wait a little and see if NI issues another version with more RAM, more compatibility and the possibility to put an internal SDD like in the akai mpc live II ( I don't like so much USB way). Right now I feel it's not a serious tool for my way of work.

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor

The inability to load my other NI Komplete (and encoded third-party) libraries is the main reason I'm holding back from upgrading from mk3 to Maschine+. I hope this is something they find a way to do soon.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

I wouldn't expect a new unit soon. E.g. Akai Force has been launched ~ 2019 and seems to be now quite mature.

M+ firmware is only ~ 1 1/4 years old so ... But if a new one comes I would give it a try just out of curiosity and without any regret spending satisfying hours with M+.

I'm just completing a very long tutorial and now I understand its potential and to be honest, I recognize that I'm the limiting factor, not M+ with its thousands of samples, presets, multiple synth engines, plugins and so on. Of course this is my personal insight and any investment independent from vendor / manufacturer is good for music sector and its development. So just buy what makes you happy and don't forget 'OR' is the wrong decision parameter. 'AND' is the right one. 😉

• MnPl

Thanks DeepThumb, I don't know so much about timing in this products, my instruments usually are a lot much older than me (and I'm not exactly young). I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun if I finally get it, but I would love the possibility to have an entire high quality orchestra in my hands when I'm out of the studio. I agree with you that the M+ is more powerful than I can imagine 'cause I'm also a limiting factor. Maybe it's a good idea to get it as a challenge!

• Newtron
    Newtron Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

The Autosampler lets you sample anything that uses midi input. Including, all of your external instruments. Imagine being able to play every VST, Drum Maschine, Synth, etc. that you own all on one piece of equipment away from your DAW.