X1 & Xone 92 Help

Hey brothers and sisters, I recently decided to purchase some gear for my home Dj setup and decided to go the traktor route since I started my Dj career with them 8 years ago. I currently have a pair of Adam audio t7v studio monitors and an Allen & Heath xone 92 mixer. I was thinking of purchasing a x1 to hook up to the setup and was thinking how the connection would work out. For now I have my speakers connected to the pc directly with no sound card. If I do buy a sound card (which is needed to use the x1) is there a way to keep my monitors connected to the sound card and not xone mixer so I avoid changing the output all the time and just plug and play? The whole set up gets me real confused since I am used to cdj and club set ups. What I need is to set up the speakers and sound card on my table and just plug and play the mixer and x1 whenever needed. Sound card I have in mind is focusrite 4 channel one. I appreciate your help, thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

You could. If the audio interface has midi in/out then all you have to do is connect the midi out from your mixer to the midi in of you audio interface and midi map the mixer to Traktor.

It’ll take a little time to map your mixer but you will get the best results.

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

You could. If the audio interface has midi in/out then all you have to do is connect the midi out from your mixer to the midi in of you audio interface and midi map the mixer to Traktor.

It’ll take a little time to map your mixer but you will get the best results.