[Mac M1] How do I prevent Maschine 2 from scanning AU plugins?

bmanic
bmanic Member Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Maschine 2 keeps crashing all the time upon plugin scan. Always the same plugins. I know I can delete the ScanApp.app and force it to never scan anything, but I WANT it to scan a very particular small subset of effects that I know work within Maschine 2 under rosetta2 emulation. How can I get past the initial first install scan but then scan a specific VST plugin folder with curated few plugins?

At this moment the stupid ScanApp insists on going through ALL my AU plugins. I do NOT want that. I've tried renaming the AU plugin folder (Components folder) but that hasn't worked. It still finds them all.. and subsequently crashes upon scan.

I've now wasted two days trying to get up and running with this new Maschine Mk3 controller and I'm quickly starting to get extremely annoyed. Has Native-Instruments really fallen this far behind the competition? No way to manually scan specific folders and force just a subset of known working plugins?

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @bmanic I contacted you by email about this issue.

• derny
    derny Member Posts: 7 Member

@Jeremy_NI

Was there a fix for this? I have Maschine set to just look in my VST3 folder but it still shows duplicates for each scanned plugin: AU and VST3.

• derny
    derny Member Posts: 7 Member

Oh and Komplete Kontrol does not suffer from this issue only Maschine

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@derny Issue of OP was different, it only concerned the scanapp process. Can you give more explanations here? "I have Maschine set to just look in my VST3 folder" How did you do that? There is an option not to use NI Audio Units, it doesn't concern third party plug-ins, you'll need to deactivate them one by one in Preferences -> Plug-Ins -> Manager.

Komplete Kontrol does not support AU plug-ins, so that makes things simpler.