NI Kontakt Player - "No Demo" Mode available

MSC7
MSC7 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I only use the Free Kontakt Player because I don't need the sounds from Kontakt 6.

Now two weeks ago I bought a 3rd party NI Kontakt Library (which can not be registered as .nki files are loaded directly into Kontakt Player) which I only need for 1-2 minutes and it worked in Demo Mode for the last two weeks.

Now yesterday I bought another NI Kontakt Library from Big Fish Audio and installed it with the serial number.

Since then I can only use 2 out of the 3 .nki files in demo mode in the 3rd party library. For the other .nki Demo Mode doesn't even work anymore at all. I should be able to use all 3 .nki files in demo mode no? How can it work for 2 weeks and then only work for 2 out 3 .nki instrument files?

So for this one .nki instrument file demo mode is not even available?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

If you have resaved the non-Player NKI with Kontakt Player, you will only be able to open it in full version of Kontakt.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

If you have resaved the non-Player NKI with Kontakt Player, you will only be able to open it in full version of Kontakt.

• MSC7

I didn' resave the instrument but after I activated a newly purchased library this issue came up. I contacted NI Support that there is no DEMO mode at all for this instrument (which must be a bug) but they only reply with standard answers and FAQ posts because they don't really read what I wrote.

As far as I know DEMO (15min) mode should always be available, no? How can it work for 2 out of 3 NKI files from the same library...

• EvilDragon

If two NKIs work fine and one doesn't this is even more proof that you acidentally resaved that patch while in demo mode...

• MSC7

Didn't resave, at least not that I know of.

Issue appeared after updating Kontakt Player and adding a new library. With this hint, I will try to re-copy the NKI into the folder again and see what happens. Or is there another place I need to delete the patch?

Hope it will work.

• MSC7

I re-downloaded the library and copied and overwrote the existing NKI instrument patch and it works again. Indeed it must have been resaved or changed somehow. Thanks for the tip!

Strange that NI Support didn't know this.