Reinstalled Native Access and Komplete Control. Not loading plugin data in projects

RavensRespite
RavensRespite Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I reinstalled Komplete 13 and when I went and opened a project up that I was working on, none of the instruments I was using on Komplete Kontrol are loading into my project. I essentially have just an entire song with midi data and no associated instruments with anything

Best Answer

• kingloopstar
    kingloopstar Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi

I had same problem, I found that I did not install VST2 but vst3, check if you installed all of them and if the location of your VST is added to FL Studio.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,533 Expert

What instruments were loaded, are they available in KK and have you run KK in standalone mode first?

• RavensRespite

I've ran in standalone mode. All the instruments are there and they can load, but the data isn't loading in previous projects. It was Drum Lab, Kinetic Metal, Kinetic Treats, and Hybrid Keys. I can load these instruments fine, but when I load up a previous project, the instruments that I had loaded aren't loading in. I essentially have to start over from scratch to remake the song I was working on

• RavensRespite

My instruments are in the database just fine. I can open them up and use them, but when I was working on this song, I had various instruments already open with parameters set. Now everything is just blank on KK

• RavensRespite

For Example. I have "Drums #2" highlighted. When I was working on this, It was Drum Labs. Now that I've reopened this project, KK shows absolutely nothing. It's telling me to load up an instrument

• JesterMgee
    edited May 2022

One thing would be check the version of KK in your FL session and compare to the standalone, if there is a difference then you have an older plugin version for KK somewhere.

you wouldn't have to start from scratch if you can remember the instruments, just reload them, but that should not be needed so may be worth contacting NI support direct in the meantime.

I have suggested (for years) that each instance of KK really needs to somehow display a message of what plugin use to be loaded because opening a project and having no clue what was loaded is painful. When you have a missing plugin in a DAW project you at least get a message on what it is.

• kingloopstar
    kingloopstar Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi

I had same problem, I found that I did not install VST2 but vst3, check if you installed all of them and if the location of your VST is added to FL Studio.

• reizor
    reizor Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Thats exactly what it was you got to personally add vst 2 its not like 3

• pandabear33
    pandabear33 Member Posts: 1 Member

So what was the solution on this? I reinstalled komplete kontrol, opened in stand alone first and made sure to scan all plugs, and my current and older projects that have instances of the komplete kontrol plugin still load empty... any suggestions?

• JesterMgee

What instruments were loaded, are they available in KK?