Using Maschine MK3 as controller in MOTU Digital Performer 11

Kelly G.
Kelly G. Member Posts: 3 Member

I tried to setting up Machine MK3 as a controller in DP11 following the instructions that are on the NI website however digital performer doesn't not respond to any transport controls. I can load Machine as plug-in however when I try to press any transport on the MK3 digital performer does not respond.

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Well since there have been quite a few issues with 2.15, there may be an issue with that, hopefully everything gets resolved when they release the “Fix” that is in the works…and not to nit pick, but you did not mention that it worked, and then did “not” work…

Answers

• Blindeddie

It appears the DP uses MCU to control transport. So the Maschine Controller needs to be in Midi Mode to control transport. Once you switch to Native Maschine Mode, MCU is disabled and will not control transport. So if you are using Maschine as a plugin, you will need to switch back and forth between Native and Midi mode.

• Kelly G.

Thanks for the answer however this was working before the latest update 2.15. I was able to control the transport of Digital Performer with Machine without having to switch between native and midi mode.

• Blindeddie
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Well since there have been quite a few issues with 2.15, there may be an issue with that, hopefully everything gets resolved when they release the “Fix” that is in the works…and not to nit pick, but you did not mention that it worked, and then did “not” work…

• Kelly G.

Yeah you right. My apologies. Was just trying to keep the post concise and not too long. Appreciate the help!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Kelly G. there's indeed an issue with the latest Maschine update and Controller Editor. A fix is coming up soon. I'll give you a heads up here when a fix is released.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Kelly G. Just a heads up that a new version of Maschine (2.15.1) is now available. This version comes with fixes for issues related to a controller mode. Can you let us know if digital performer now responds to the transport controls after the update?