Maschine 2 Freeze on startup on "Scanning Audiounit(s) - AUSampler"

YannDuv
YannDuv Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi there !

I can't start my fresh installed Maschine 2 (v 2.15.0) as it stopped at startup with this mention.

I tried workarounds like privacy settings in spotlight, Maschine2 folders deletion in Application Support directory, etc..)

Maschine continue to stop at this point.. :(

Someone to help ?

thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• YannDuv
    Answer ✓

As you asked, I uninstalled CleanMyMac and deleted "Maschine 2" folder (in Library/Application support/Native Instrument) and after that, relaunched Maschine in standalone mode and.... everything is now OK !

Thanks for your support !

Hope this thread can help others if needed.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @YannDuv So you mean you gave Full Disk Access to Maschine ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Please try to delete this file:

Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Preferences / com.native-instruments.Maschine 2.plist

And this folder:

Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Maschine 2

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Open Maschine 2 in standalone, go in Preferences / Plug-Ins / Manager untick the "use NI Audio Units box.

Does it work now ?

• YannDuv

Maschine can't be launched, so i don't have access to preferences menu. Maschine can't be launched in standalone mode.

However, I can access to Maschine via my DAW as a plugin. I could access to the menu and the "use NI Audio Units" box is already unchecked.

In the plugins/manager window, I tried a rescan. There was a first scan process until AUSampler. Then i had an authorization window from the OS: "Use of the requested audio unit(s) require lowering the security settings for « AU Sampler ». Are you sure you want to proceed?"

I said Yes. Just after this, the scanning process has restarted. But unfortunately, scan process has frozen at the same step.... as shown in this screenshot

I couldn't cancel the scan process. I had to kill my DAW process via MacOs. (I use GarageBand or MainStage)

After that, i've deleted files and folders as specified. I tried to relaunch Maschine in standalone mode.

It's the same problem : it freezes when scanning AudioUnit(s).

:(

• YannDuv

I could finally make the scan process to be ok by removing my two VST3 directories from "Plug-ins / location" window in "preferences"

I now only have "/Library/Audio/Plugin/VST" directory in locations.

Scanning process is now ok and the GUI launches.

But i now have another problem when I want to load an instrument managed by Kontakt in Maschine:

"Error - <INSTRUMENT-NAME could not be loaded" - whatever the instrument i choose....

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

We contacted you by email, we need to get a deeper look in your system.

• YannDuv
    Answer ✓

As you asked, I uninstalled CleanMyMac and deleted "Maschine 2" folder (in Library/Application support/Native Instrument) and after that, relaunched Maschine in standalone mode and.... everything is now OK !

Thanks for your support !

Hope this thread can help others if needed.

• JaumeMod
    JaumeMod Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    edited December 2023

Same problem here.

Maschine 2.15 Essentials updated via ACCES to 2.17

I uninstalled Logic & Main Stage, all that could be source of problems from AUSampler that I couldn’t find as a plug-in /component. It’s an integrated system file on Logic installation.

Erase the same files in routes as a mate did upside…Reboot…Uninstall- Reinatall

there's no way 🙁

OS 10.15.7 Catalina

• JaumeMod

Serious problem on plug-in check I think

I tried to deactivate scan option in preferences via Maschine plug in on Reason and the paths to plugins folder leaving only VST folder from my Library

the same freezing on last scan of BUS COMP… Try to cancel results in no response Reason app which I can just resolve with force out.

• JaumeMod
    edited January 1

I’m talking alone but for future help for others 😅

Rename ScanApp.App to Scan.App

The plug-in scans step to Init Gui and Maschine start up really fast

Not afraid about your plugins, it will be there …

THIS SOLUTION IS FOR EXTREME CASES this article not ressolve your scan problems

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004036925-Maschine-Crashes