Master Tempo adjust when two tracks are at different BPMs

jon_d
jon_d Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Trying to adjust master tempo while two tracks are mixed (one at 60bpm and the other 120bpm) but Traktor isn't letting me. Any ideas on what's up or how to work around this? Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro
    Answer ✓

Yes it will not mix those two tracks with a double BPM. I have been asking for this feature a long time now smart sync 2X. But you can half the 120 BPM track by edit the beat grid and clicking on the 1/2 BPM button then you can mix. Not ideal or practical. We just need smart Sync 2x like all the other major DJ programs has it, Rekordbox DJ, Virtual DJ, Engine DJ and Serato DJ. Traktor might be the only one without this feature.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Answer ✓

In all the years I have used Traktor, any tracks that are speeds like 50, 60, or 70 are usually double the bpm, just analyzed incorrectly.

Basically almost anything below 70bpm and even sometimes 80. I double the bpm and it is correct.

Most common genres stick to 100 to 150 bpm.

The strange bpms usually happen with vocals or recordings of things without a distinct beat. For these type of sounds (tracks?) I set cue points and then adjust the speed to what sounds good with my average bpm. Add some delay or small amount of reverb and play parts in that way.

But... you might have music at 60bpm?

Answers

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro
    Answer ✓

Yes it will not mix those two tracks with a double BPM. I have been asking for this feature a long time now smart sync 2X. But you can half the 120 BPM track by edit the beat grid and clicking on the 1/2 BPM button then you can mix. Not ideal or practical. We just need smart Sync 2x like all the other major DJ programs has it, Rekordbox DJ, Virtual DJ, Engine DJ and Serato DJ. Traktor might be the only one without this feature.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Answer ✓

In all the years I have used Traktor, any tracks that are speeds like 50, 60, or 70 are usually double the bpm, just analyzed incorrectly.

Basically almost anything below 70bpm and even sometimes 80. I double the bpm and it is correct.

Most common genres stick to 100 to 150 bpm.

The strange bpms usually happen with vocals or recordings of things without a distinct beat. For these type of sounds (tracks?) I set cue points and then adjust the speed to what sounds good with my average bpm. Add some delay or small amount of reverb and play parts in that way.

But... you might have music at 60bpm?