How to set the volume to 0 for all instruments ?

Broth3rz
Broth3rz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I want all my instruments to start with the 0.0 volume. I set Kontakt to that, standalone. It doesn't work. everything is -6.0. I do like 3 different fresh installs, running CCleaner and deleting any folders I see left over and when I open it up on these fresh installs it has my settings still saved from my original install. So 0.0 is already selected opening it the first time.

How do I reset or do a true uninstall of Kontakt settings? I do have Kontakt Factory Library and trying to search my PC for 'Kontakt' really isn't a method I can use... I'd hate to try and uninstall Native Access, etc. But I really need this fixed.

It just won't reset my settings for whatever reason and the option does not work.

Tagged:

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

I assume you mean this option:

That option is only for creating a new empty instrument and resetting the volume by Ctrl+clicking on the instrument volume slider. It won't magically go through all your instruments and adjust their output volumes. You need to do this one by one and resave each instrument.

• Broth3rz
    Broth3rz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2022

Back in the day I thought I tried that option and it did set each instrument to 0.0 when loaded. This was K5? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But I did what you said but it leads me to another question. If I use CC7 and do a node at 0 value it is 0 in kontakt, good, but then if I do 127, it only goes up to 6.0 in kontakt.. shouldn't it go all the way to 12 in kontakt?

I guess I could save the instrument at 6.0 then 127 will be 12. But why doesn't 0-127 cover 0-12 in kontakt? is there a way to make that happen?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited April 2022

That option never did what you're saying, to the best of my memory.

CC7 volume range is adjusted in Instrument Options (once you enter instrument edit mode). This is again a per instrument setting you'd need to adjust for each one individually.