Can I use all the instruments of komplete in maschine +?

MnPl
MnPl Member Posts: 4 Member

I'm considering on buying a maschine + to get the work out of the studio. I make different stiles of music and usually I like to use classical instruments sounds like the ones that comes with komplete. It will be possible to work with them on maschine+?

I also would love to work with my EWQL symphonic orchestra but I figure it will be not possible, is it?

Thanks to all

Best Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

You can find a list of instruments supported on Maschine + in standalone on our website here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/

When used with your computer as a controller, you can load everything from Komplete into Maschine 2.

• Metaphor
    Metaphor Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Most of NI' s expansions will work with Maschine+ in standalone mode and some Kontakt instruments were ported for Maschine+. The Rest of Komplete Instruments won' t work, especially no 3rd party libraries.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Note also that some available instrument eat a lot of CPU. As example a lot of Massive presets on M+ eat 20% of CPU when loaded and 5% to 10% more when played (so it can go up to 30%, and it is worse with Reaktor presets). And actually audio glitches happen around 75% of CPU...

• briann55
    briann55 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Ya there needs to be a huge disclaimer about this... After paying $1400 for M+ I then spent another $500 on Komplete 13 only to find most (almost all) of the instruments can't be used with M+ in standalone. I thought it would work the same as when used as a Midi controller. Basically only the expansions work. I can't even load expansions into all 8 banks without overloading the CPU on M+. Disappointment after disappointment...

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

You can find a list of instruments supported on Maschine + in standalone on our website here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/

When used with your computer as a controller, you can load everything from Komplete into Maschine 2.

• MnPl

Thanks Matt, I think I'll go for it :)

• Metaphor
    Metaphor Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Most of NI' s expansions will work with Maschine+ in standalone mode and some Kontakt instruments were ported for Maschine+. The Rest of Komplete Instruments won' t work, especially no 3rd party libraries.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Note also that some available instrument eat a lot of CPU. As example a lot of Massive presets on M+ eat 20% of CPU when loaded and 5% to 10% more when played (so it can go up to 30%, and it is worse with Reaktor presets). And actually audio glitches happen around 75% of CPU...

• briann55
    briann55 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Ya there needs to be a huge disclaimer about this... After paying $1400 for M+ I then spent another $500 on Komplete 13 only to find most (almost all) of the instruments can't be used with M+ in standalone. I thought it would work the same as when used as a Midi controller. Basically only the expansions work. I can't even load expansions into all 8 banks without overloading the CPU on M+. Disappointment after disappointment...

• MnPl

Thanks to all, with the sum of all your answers I think can make my decision. If I get that it will become a sketch book and I like the idea, but maybe it's better to wait a little and see if NI issues another version with more RAM, more compatibility and the possibility to put an internal SDD like in the akai mpc live II ( I don't like so much USB way). Right now I feel it's not a serious tool for my way of work.

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor

The inability to load my other NI Komplete (and encoded third-party) libraries is the main reason I'm holding back from upgrading from mk3 to Maschine+. I hope this is something they find a way to do soon.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

I wouldn't expect a new unit soon. E.g. Akai Force has been launched ~ 2019 and seems to be now quite mature.

M+ firmware is only ~ 1 1/4 years old so ... But if a new one comes I would give it a try just out of curiosity and without any regret spending satisfying hours with M+.

I'm just completing a very long tutorial and now I understand its potential and to be honest, I recognize that I'm the limiting factor, not M+ with its thousands of samples, presets, multiple synth engines, plugins and so on. Of course this is my personal insight and any investment independent from vendor / manufacturer is good for music sector and its development. So just buy what makes you happy and don't forget 'OR' is the wrong decision parameter. 'AND' is the right one. 😉

• MnPl

Thanks DeepThumb, I don't know so much about timing in this products, my instruments usually are a lot much older than me (and I'm not exactly young). I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun if I finally get it, but I would love the possibility to have an entire high quality orchestra in my hands when I'm out of the studio. I agree with you that the M+ is more powerful than I can imagine 'cause I'm also a limiting factor. Maybe it's a good idea to get it as a challenge!