Instrument libraries distorted in Kontakt after upgrading to version 6.7.1

arnejoost
arnejoost Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi all, so I upgraded to Kontakt 6.7.1 yesterday, and now the majority of my NI instruments are terribly distorted (scratchy, tinny, you name it) during recording or playback. Piano Noire, for instance, is horribly unlistenable, while The Gentleman appears to still be playing clearly/cleanly. I have had zero issues prior to this upgrade and was happily using Noire, Scarbee Mark I, Vintage Organs, Ethereal Earth and several other instrument libraries. I'm running Logic Pro 10.7.3 under Monterey 12.1 on a MacBook pro M1 Max with 64GB RAM, so it's not an issue of processing power. This really renders my NI products useless for the moment and is crushing the timeline on a project that had Noire at the heart of it. Can anyone identify the issue and recommend a solution? (I don't believe there's any way to roll back to a prior version of Kontakt... at least, not that I can see.) Many thanks for any suggestions!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• arnejoost
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Call off the dogs (for now at least). A complete reinstall (via Native Access) seems to have rectified matters. I'm still checking each library, but Noire and Scarbee Mark I are both working properly again. I didn't do anything differently with the reinstallation -- just reinstalled via the single-click option. Would recommend that for any others as a first step before further troubleshooting. Whew.

Answers

• arnejoost
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Call off the dogs (for now at least). A complete reinstall (via Native Access) seems to have rectified matters. I'm still checking each library, but Noire and Scarbee Mark I are both working properly again. I didn't do anything differently with the reinstallation -- just reinstalled via the single-click option. Would recommend that for any others as a first step before further troubleshooting. Whew.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Thanks for letting everyone know. A quick reinstall can usually do the trick for odd behaviours.

Glad it worked in your case 🙌