Purchasing a Maschine Studio from Person who bought it from an original owner who died

HawaiianEye
HawaiianEye Member Posts: 14 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

The guy who wants to sell it, doesn't seem to have the transfer from the original owner.

I already "own": Native Access, Komplete Kontrol 13 plat. KK s49 , Maschine Jam, the latest Maschine 2 software, and K Audio 1.

This Maschine Studio "White", is in absolutely brand new shape. The prospective seller bought it, from wealthy musician whom it was registered to. He tested it out while it was at the original owner's music studio. He got the box, the unit and some paperwork and software disks. He never used it at his music studio. It's all foreign to him. He uses what he calls "real synths, and recording equip". LOL!

It just sat in the box. He doesn't have the original owner's receipt. The original owner is not alive.

So, under these circumstances, is there ANY direction we can go to get this working in my ownership? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

If you already own the Maschine Software, all you have to do is plug it in…should work just fine. However, if you want to officially register the unit, get in touch with Registration Support, explain the issue, and they can assist getting the license assigned to your account.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

It should work no problem without registering… case in point, I owned a Mikro and decided to upgrade to a full Maschine MK3. Before I registered it, I plugged it in to make sure it was functioning properly. I was able to use it no problem and after determining it had no issues, I registered it which basically just gave me access to the bundled software. Since you already have the Maschine Software license, you should be good to go. If you want to officially register it, as I stated before, contact registration support found on the support page.

registering it will then give you the ability to do a license transfer in the future if you wish.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

If you already own the Maschine Software, all you have to do is plug it in…should work just fine. However, if you want to officially register the unit, get in touch with Registration Support, explain the issue, and they can assist getting the license assigned to your account.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru

In a worst case scenario, you can buy a Maschine licence separately from NI

• HawaiianEye
    HawaiianEye Member Posts: 14 Member

Thank You for this info!!

1.) I thought you need to "Add a Serial", through Native Access in order for it to meld into the NI "system" on my computers. I will of course have the serial, YET, if I just plug in someone elses pre registered, Maschine Studio by way of usb, it will be able to access and use all my Maschine and Komplete Kontrol software with no hitch??

2.) Does anybody know about Purchasing a Maschine License?

Thanks for the much needed help!!!

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

It should work no problem without registering… case in point, I owned a Mikro and decided to upgrade to a full Maschine MK3. Before I registered it, I plugged it in to make sure it was functioning properly. I was able to use it no problem and after determining it had no issues, I registered it which basically just gave me access to the bundled software. Since you already have the Maschine Software license, you should be good to go. If you want to officially register it, as I stated before, contact registration support found on the support page.

registering it will then give you the ability to do a license transfer in the future if you wish.

• dwx1958
    dwx1958 Member Posts: 5 Member

I’ve just bought a Mikro Mk3 used but the serial is difficult to read. I own Maschine 2 software already. However the Micro simply displays ‘Maschine Micro on booting…..

Has anyone any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Blindeddie

when plugging it in it should display Maschine Mikro and then Go Dark... if you press and hold Shift and the Project button (uppermost button on the left) it should light up in Midi Mode, If you have the Software, just start that up and you should be able to use it as normal, you don't necessarily have to register it if you have the software already.