S4 mk3 sound muffled & suddenly not working

Basshead
Basshead Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi Forum.

I plugged in my S4 and suddenly no sound coming through the channels. The sound came through when I turned the gains to max for about 10 seconds, then crackles and fades out again. I'm getting the same sort of muffled sound you get when you've blown a channel on an amp.

My set up at home is only using headphones. I re-installed drivers, checked sample rates, buffers. No difference. Can anyone help? My laptop sound card is working fine. Just when I switch to traktor its muffled and then completely fades out

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Basshead
    Answer ✓

Hey Nico,

Thanks for the reply. Fixed the issue now. Bose headphones had run out of charge! I didn't think they needed power as they also come with a standard headphone wire. Apparently they still need some charge in them!

Thanks for reaching out though.

Amit

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

This could sound like a power supply issue. Do you power your S4 only with USB?

• Basshead
    Answer ✓

Hey Nico,

Thanks for the reply. Fixed the issue now. Bose headphones had run out of charge! I didn't think they needed power as they also come with a standard headphone wire. Apparently they still need some charge in them!

Thanks for reaching out though.

Amit

• Basshead

Ps. If you work with the NI guys can we have an easy sampler function back like we used to in pro 2?

Pro 3 is pants for samples.

Cheers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Good to hear the problem is solved!

If you feel like sharing a feedback to the Traktor team, you can write them in the following thread where they announced some upcoming projects 👇