Native Access and Maschine 2.14.7 File management hell.

DaveM503
DaveM503 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Native Access

First off I know it's my lack of knowledge here but jeez a little user friendliness would be nice. I am having issues understanding the rudimentary concept that is Native Access Preferences. Is this the end all be all of file management? There is Maschine Preferences too. Okay, I have painted myself into a corner and the further I try to educate myself w/ hands on the deeper my issues get. Alright. Question 1: Do I have to download everyone of my 25 products ie Maschine, Kontakt and all the the associated files and sounds to my system c drive before moving anything to other drives? and in order to do that do I need to assign the appropriate files destination myself or does NA do it by default?

thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You don't have to install "all" your stuff on your C drive, and then move it. You can choose locations before installation.

Just use the default location for the applications you want to install (Maschine, Kontact, etc..). These have to be on your system drive.

Content location is for librairies and content used by the applications installed on your system, so you can use any location you want: internal drive, partitions, but generally an external drive works very well (better with SSD) because the libraries will take lot of gigabytes ;)

Check this out for more information: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/211577305

Answers

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You don't have to install "all" your stuff on your C drive, and then move it. You can choose locations before installation.

Just use the default location for the applications you want to install (Maschine, Kontact, etc..). These have to be on your system drive.

Content location is for librairies and content used by the applications installed on your system, so you can use any location you want: internal drive, partitions, but generally an external drive works very well (better with SSD) because the libraries will take lot of gigabytes ;)

Check this out for more information: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/211577305