play button Kontakt 6 and playbox

Janeiro_01
Janeiro_01 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Can't play the presets or play around in NI playbox. My spacebar as play and stop does not work and I do not find a play button,,, please help

thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited April 2022

Are you using Playbox in standalone Kontakt or as a plugin in a DAW? Spacebar does nothing in standalone.

• Janeiro_01

Hi

I have Ableton Live 10 installed but not open. I just opened Playbox in Kontakt... means standalone... looked up all preferences but can't find how to handle this...

Should I open Playbox in Ableton to get it playing?

Thanks a lot

• EvilDragon

Yes. Or you use a MIDI controller with standalone to play it in realtime.

• Janeiro_01

Hi

I just try to put playbox as a plugin into Ableton. I only have Maschine MK 2 as controller ... with this it could work?

Thanks

• Janeiro_01

Hi

now I have another problem, all my plugins show up in Ableton ... without Playbox...

I added a picture

Thanks for your help

• EvilDragon

Playbox is not a standalone plugin, it's a library that you must open in Kontakt. So load Kontakt...

• Janeiro_01

Hi Evil Dragon,

thanks a lot for your help! I loaded it with Kontakt and another time with Maschine and with Komplete Kontrol....... I can play the sounds with the keyboard window , but still I cannot let the chord preset just play in order to play around with the preset live... I kind of getting crazy .. spacebar not working...

• EvilDragon

You first need to record your performance (coming from MIDI controller, or punched into Live's piano roll note by note), then you can play it back.