Syncing Maschine pre-loaded samples bpm to your track

Shalev Assouline
Shalev Assouline Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Maschine

hi, im sure you are all aware that a lot of the samples (non-one shots) in the pre made kits from native instruments come with a given tempo. when I change the tempo of the project they are not synced like with other native instruments products like the software instruments from native instruments. im trying to find a way to set them when im making music to fit the project tempo. it should probably be noted that im using Logic Pro x at the moment and I am using Maschine in the daw.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

https://youtu.be/fJjnx7HQq0w

i am not a logic user myself so I found that video it shows you how to do that if you use audio track. If you say you load it in au, then what au plugin specifically? Like i said in maschine use audio track, you can switch between sampler and audio track any time. But they behave, play a bit different. If you use the sampler you can do it manually, by streching audio without changing pitch, so basically the same what that algorithm is doing automatically in logic. Let's say you have something 100 BPM then you will change it to 120 BPM, you have to stretch it by 100/120 so factor 0.833, it of course has to be shorter cause it plays faster.

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303

Where do you try to load them? If i load them in maschine in an audio track, for example, they are in sync. Also if i load them in cubase, but themln i have to activate so called musical mode. So your sampler or software has to support it.

Uwe

• Shalev Assouline

I load them in the audio unit channel as a software instrument in Logic Pro x. I should be bit more specific and say that the bpm does change when I adjust in in logic however that does not change the actual bpm of the samples loaded up on the pads for some reason

• Shalev Assouline

what is musical mode maybe I have to turn something on?

• Shalev Assouline

im gonna try that. but it seems that you understand what im saying. like you can't really use Maschine samples and make a quick track if you have to export the sounds and manually change the bpm

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

https://youtu.be/fJjnx7HQq0w

i am not a logic user myself so I found that video it shows you how to do that if you use audio track. If you say you load it in au, then what au plugin specifically? Like i said in maschine use audio track, you can switch between sampler and audio track any time. But they behave, play a bit different. If you use the sampler you can do it manually, by streching audio without changing pitch, so basically the same what that algorithm is doing automatically in logic. Let's say you have something 100 BPM then you will change it to 120 BPM, you have to stretch it by 100/120 so factor 0.833, it of course has to be shorter cause it plays faster.

Uwe

• Shalev Assouline

dude you are a godsend. thanks for you help.

• Shalev Assouline

the only issue is I think I can only open up Maschine in an instrument track (AU/VST) and not as a audio track. ill try later today and post up results

• Uwe303

But you could export audio from maschine, then import into a audio track in logic.

Like: https://youtu.be/P6CF-THgevQ

Or this: Bounce MIDI to Audio in Logic Pro X (Tutorial) - YouTube

Uwe