Maschine VST3 not recalling window size

robertroff
robertroff Member Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

I've changed the window size in maschine plugin, but it always loads up as the small size in a saved project or DAW preset. VST2 did not have this problem.

Can anyone else confirm?

Tagged:

Comments

• robertroff

Is this not driving people crazy? Or is it not happening for others?

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

It might be that it loads as small within a daw as standard no matter which size u set it in while it’s started.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Yes, can confirm, same issue here. I assume it's a Bug.

• robertroff

It still reverts to small size on load when you reopen a project or preset. NI can you fix this please. It's very annoying.

• Sequencesounds
    Sequencesounds Member Posts: 62 Helper
    edited May 2022

Sounds really annoying - however, it is not happening for me in Reaper - opens up at large size every time as I want it to

However, when I installed the vst3 version, I assumed I would be able to resize vst gui as per vst3 features (as I understood them) - but I cant

Is it possible to resize (by dragging) Maschine vst3?

7. Resizable GUI

A small but significant improvement, this allows for VST3 plugins to be scaled in size as required, to free up or take up screen space as required. Though this seems like quite a small change, it can make working with big crowded sessions much smoother.

https://www.musicianwave.com/vst2-vst3-differences/

• robertroff

No it doesn't seem to allow dragging the size of the window. Only the menu options are available as small, medium and large. It saved the VST2 version, but not the VST3 version. I don't want to use the VST2 version since that will eventually not be supported.

• thewhistler
    thewhistler Member Posts: 1 Member

This is happening for me in Live 11.1.6, Maschine 2.16 vst3 on macOS 12.6.

Window resize by dragging is not possible

• Inchange
    Inchange Member Posts: 1 Member

same problem on Macbook Air M1, FL Studio 21.0.2

• James H
    James H Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yep, I'm running Logic Pro 10.7.7 and the window will not resize. It would help the workflow to be able to see all the elements in a project. Thanks much for any assistance in resolving this issue.

• David Lee
    David Lee Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2023

This is also happening to me in cubase 8.5 since i upgraded computer and now have windows 11. It's infuriating, hindering my workflow massively. the weird thing is that it would work perfectly on the same versino of cubase 8.5 on my old computer from 2012 in windows 10. Is this a compatibility issue or a VST3 issue?

• moai
    moai Member Posts: 28 Member

Same issue in Windows 11, every time I open Maschine in a DAW it sets the window size to Large instead of the previous setting. Has this bug been properly reported yet, or shall I provide all details via a ticket @Jeremy_NI ?

• Quinn3k3
    Quinn3k3 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I am also having this issue. Very annoying for sure.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@moai Sorry to only see this thread now. Are you still experiencing this issue? I wasn't able to reproduce it on a Mac M1 with Ableton. @D-One Are you still experiencing that, what DAW are you using?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

@Jeremy_NI asked:

@D-One Are you still experiencing that, what DAW are you using?

Actually no, I just re-tested and the Window size is now loaded correctly in both VST2 and VST3.

I am on Ableton Live v11.13.4, maybe some Live update fixed it? Not sure.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@D-One Thanks!