Why can I not see full GR6 window?

Stuart Park
Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member

Hi

I am using Windows 10 and, even with the taskbar hidden, I cannot see the full Guitar Rig 6 window. Consequently I am unable to see or use the Info Pane button in the Browser nor do I appear to be able to resize the window in any direction. I can drag it upwards ny a very small amount but it just springs back when I release the mouse button.

Can anyone suggest how I might resolve this problem please? I do not experience it with any other apps but I think it's fair to say that just about every app on the market these days has more sophisticated resizing options than GR6 does.

I don't believe there are any problems with my screen resolution settings and this happens on more than one computer.

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Did you open the main Menu and change the “View Size”… options from 75 to 200 percent!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Did you open the main Menu and change the “View Size”… options from 75 to 200 percent!!!

• Stuart Park

In a word, no! I didn't and thank you very much indeed. I'd never even noticed that percentage and there's nothing on screen that I can see that suggests it's got anything to do with view size. It has resolved my problem although not fully. I have reduced to minimum (75%) and can just see the top of the circle for the relevant "button" and so with the precision of a brain surgeon I can click on it. It would be helpful if this actually allowed me to see the FULL window and if it were available as any or all of the following:

a) Part of a separate 'View' menu.

b) Available under the preferences menu.

c) At least had some popup text when you hover over the percentage to indicate what it is for.

Thank you again. While the emulation capability and variety of available sounds in this software is impressive, to me its interface is very unintuitive and lame compared to most 21st century Windows products. The same goes for the volume of bugs. End of whine.

• Blindeddie

what resolution are you using...just curious!!!

• Stuart Park

Actually it would appear that this issue may be related to use of Microsoft's Remote Desktop facility. At the 75% setting the window now shows in full on the host machine but not when connecting from a remote machine.

• Blindeddie

Depending on how it is configured, Remote Desktop may display a smaller resolution on the connecting computer…so that makes perfect sense.

• Stuart Park

Ok thanks. I don't think i've experienced the symptoms with any other window. It would certainly halp if the GR6 window was "properly" sizeable on all sides.