Why does machine not recognize irig pro?

Hebreww
Hebreww Member Posts: 36 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

In this case it is an audio interface that is not recognized at all in machine.

to regards to other audio interfaces why do I often have to restart the program to see "an" audio interface back in the program because machine doesn't recognize some audio interfaces if you don't restart there.

Mac OS 10.13.6

machine 2.14.3

Tagged:

Comments

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Now, I am not familiar with the way Mac uses its hardware, but as far as I'm aware Maschine will only pick up on hardware that is available within the OS its running on, at least that's how things fare on Windows and I'd imagine the same for Mac as well. As such: is your interface recognized by your OS as well? Can the OS use it at all?

• Hebreww

Yes my Mac OS recognizes MY INTERFACE “irig pro” and I use it thats so strange about it.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Hebreww irig pro doesn't even show up under the Device > Built-in drop down menu for you? 🤔

• Hebreww

@Kaiwan_NI no it does not appear in the software maschine 2 but it does show up on my Apple screen at audio System settings. I can’t record my music.

• Kaiwan_NI

@Hebreww Can you try creating an aggregate device, then choose aggregate device in Maschine?

If I remember correctly iRig doesn't have its own output, so you have to use the computer output. Try activating it under "Main Device" as well just in case.

• Hebreww
    edited April 2022

No this doesn’t work either. I’ve tried other audio interfaces and they also don’t seem to to be recognized. It don’t find maschine software stable with high Sierra Mac 10.13.6

• Kaiwan_NI

@Hebreww The last supported version of Maschine on High Sierra is 2.14.5. Perhaps worth updating to this version to see if it helps?