FR about tagging and also...where to post about the forum?

Murat Kayi
Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
edited March 2022 in Social Club

Hi,

I just asked a question about Reaktor Blocks in the Reaktor forum.

The only useful tag I could actually find was "Reaktor 6". My question is neither specifically about "Blocks Prime" or "Blocks Base" and "Racks" or "Rack" isn't even an existing tag. Which means the post is tagged with "Reaktor 6". I really hope you guys at NI can see how this is not working to make the tags in a post actually useful. Either someone needs to set up a lot more tags or you go the route of actually trusting the users to come up with useful tags and then have us delight in the fact that what you are looking for actually already exists.

Also, where is the right place to post about the forum? Here?

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

I'm not sure if someone added it over the weekend but Blocks Base and Blocks Primes are both available. I also added Racks just now.

We touched on that we can't let everyone create tags. We would have tons of duplicates and the effort to keep things in order isn't worth it. Mods / Admin / NI team can add tags and so just ping one of us in the thread you're creating if you think adding one would be useful.

Next week, we'll share more about what's coming up in the next few weeks in terms of platform changes, you'll have a new thread to share feedback then. In the meantime, social club seems like the right place 😉

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Hi, gotcha about the pinging with suggestions.

In that thread I missed a general "blocks" Tag, because blocks related topics have a much wider scope than both existing tags

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    edited April 2022

Any chance we could have a specific thread for tags suggested and added? Or maybe rename this one?

I'd like a 'sound design' tag for example

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

We could have a thread in the Welcome area listing all the tags we're currently using and leave it open for suggestion.

Curious though, do you see a lot of threads that could have "sound design" as a tag?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Under Massive x was where i started with the thought. Not sure if it’s just me