Playing solo guitar and chords with Picked Nylon

Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hello,

I'm new using NI products ! I have Picked Nylon and I don't find how to play a guitar chord without pattern. If I press a complete chord on my keyboard with Picked Nylon melody section, I have a chord playing like a piano, not like a guitar. The only sound I have as guitar chord is with pre defined pattern, not with my own music sequence. Is there any solution or is it a limitation on picked nylon? (as well as Strummed Accoustic play only chord but no solo seciton).

Is there a solution with a NI guitar product to play solo or chord section with the same guitar sound?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,542 admin
    Answer ✓

I believe while you can create your own melodies, it's not possible to create your own strum patterns. Maybe @Jeremy_NI can confirm?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod

Hello,

have you opened the melody instrument, not the picked acoustic one, this one allows you to play like you want + chords or something like that.

Uwe

• Jean-Marc

Hi, thank you for your answer!

I don't understand what is melody instrument? I play Picked Nylon with config melody + chords -left for melody and right for chords patterns. I would like to play with the right section only chords I play without patterns Picked Nylon propose. I think it's not possible to play 1 chord without patterns ?

Jean-Marc

• Uwe303

In Kontakt on the left side there is the browser, with the first tab open, so you can load nylon acoustic but there must be more files to choose from, at least 2 and you have to load the melody instrument.

Uwe

• Jean-Marc

Yes, I see that. With melody, I can play chords (with poly on) but I don't have the strummed effect like a real guitare as I play on keyboard. This strummed effect is real only with pattern section but theses patterns are not what I want. So I bypass this on quantification in my daw with melody section: 6 strings with each midi note staggered. It's not so good as real strummed as I ear with patterns section, but I don't see how to do to get real strummed chord with melody section.

Jean-Marc

• Uwe303

I only know that in cubase you have a strum mode for the chord assistant, but if you play a chord on a keyboard i guess it's not that easy to transfer that into something that sounds actually played strummed on a real guitar. But that's just a guess.

Uwe

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,542 admin
    Answer ✓

I believe while you can create your own melodies, it's not possible to create your own strum patterns. Maybe @Jeremy_NI can confirm?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

That is correct.

• Uwe303

Yeah you won't get the "real thing" that way and native can't pre record any existing chord, then you can use it as a placeholder and if your song is finished, there are websites out there where artists can play that for you and you can then use it in your song. Maybe that's a solution.

Uwe

• Jean-Marc

Thank you all for answers!

‘Jean-Marc