Massive X Red Screen in Ableton Live 11.1.1

zdtwonse
zdtwonse Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Massive X & Synths

I see this was a bug in 11.0.10 and it appears to be back.

Is anyone else having this issue in that latest version of Live?

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @zdtwonse Could you give more details regarding this bug, so we can try and reproduce it ? Like a step by step description ? You mention a bug with Ableton 11.0.10, would you have a link to that bug ? Can you also post a screenshot of that "red screen" ?

• zdtwonse
    zdtwonse Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi Jeremy,

This shows the issue in Ableton. It does produce the default sound but obviously parameters cannot be adjusted and presets can not be loaded. Also, it does function properly in Komplete Kontrol.

Here is a link to an old forum post that shows the Issue with 11.0.10:

Thank you for looking into this.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @zdtwonse thanks, that is super helpful indeed. I've contacted the Massive X team about it.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @zdtwonse this issue was fixed with Massive 1.3.4. We had a few users reporting similar issues, in most cases it was due to plug-in administration in Ableton. Please double check that your plug-in paths are set in Native Access and Ableton accordingly. Here's a little video about Ableton and VST administration:

• derekchase
    derekchase Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey guys

Had the same issue with Massive X and updated everything trying to fix it. The same thing still happens to me with the VST2 in the latest version of Ableton (11.2.7) on a Windows 10 machine. HOWEVER, I found a workaround, in that the VST3 plugin works just fine - don't know why I didn't try that earlier!

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

• gpcmusic
    gpcmusic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This bug is back again as I am getting a blank red screen in massive x with the latest installed from both ableton and massive x. I am trying to finish some mixes for a client, and cannot because I can't get these instruments to work! Any fix, besides reinstall?

• Jeremy_NI

@gpcmusic This bug was fixed some time ago, can you double check the version of Massive X in your Ableton VST/VST3 plug-ins?