Query re extending instrument range on Mallet Flux (not Mallet Flux Single)

Saksi
Saksi Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Greetings,

I am trying to find out how to increase the range of the marimba on Mallet Flux by just a few notes so that some chords I am using will play. This is the non single variant of Mallet Flux I speak of, specifically Marimba of the "The Arp 16th 06 sequence". Currently it uses a -1 Oct setting and picks the lowest note of a chord to play, but this can be just slightly out of the range of the instrument for some chords I am using. I have figured out how to test and extend the range on the Single version using the stretching of zones in the mapping editor, but I don't know how to achieve this just for the marimba on the sequencing variant of Mallet Flux. I also don't really understand how to select only the marimba in the mapping editor for the sequencer version.

Can any body assist?

Many thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

Maybe @EvilDragon has an idea on how to achieve this ?

• Saksi

Ah but how do I get this person's attention to look at the question I have?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

You can extend the range of zones in all Marimba groups in the main NKI just the same way, it will work.

• Saksi

Thank you for the response. I did try to 'extend' the range of a zone but must have missed some vital step as it was always silent when pressing the note key. Is there a simple tutorial somewhere on how to extend note range for an instrument or any idea on what additional step I failed to do?

Many thanks in advance.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    1. Open instrument edit mode
    2. Open Mapping Editor
    3. In left side browser, make sure you're on Expert->Groups tab
    4. Press the magnifier button right there to search groups by name, type in "marimba" and then select all the results (click on the first result then Shift+click on the last result)
    5. In the Mapping Editor, marquee select from the empty area on the right side to the last (rightmost) visible zone
    6. Stretch them however much you want
    7. Repeat the marquee select then stretch procedure from the left side and leftmost zone